Quality Assurance Engineer Intern (May 2018, 8 mnths)
Digital Predix Products & Technology
As the QA Engineer Intern you will be joining a fast-paced and energetic environment as part of the OPSHIELD QA team. You will be instrumental in designing, developing, maintaining, and executing both manual and automated tests for our security products. You will gain exposure supporting all stacks of the OPSHIELD product (firewall hardware, UI Management Console, Engine and OS area) and learn how we can block malicious traffic and protect our local environment. Reporting into the QA Manager, you will interact closely with the Product Owner and scrum teams and will be expected to understand the product thoroughly and be a strong quality advocate. Understanding this is a highly technical role, you will be expected to have solid scripting and programming skills.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Running and automating our system tests;
• Designing, developing, maintaining, and executing test cases for product requirements that are scalable, repeatable and measurable;
• Reviewing feature requirements and writing a test strategy and test plans;
• Configuring test environments, servers, monitoring performance tests and identifying application bottlenecks;
• Reproducing and troubleshooting bugs with the developers;
• Taking ownership of defects found during testing and providing information to developers including driving follow-up actions when necessary.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Wurldtech is a subsidiary of GE Digital and we are focused on protecting the critical infrastructure that you rely on in your daily life. We take our job responsibility seriously, love to play with technology, but we also believe in finding the right work-life balance by having flexible work schedules and providing a great collaborative work environment at a convenient downtown location in Vancouver. Being part of the GE family means we are in great company working on solving problems in energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing at a time where increased connectivity is creating new value and new opportunities. We are looking for passionate people to join us and be part of this exciting time as make infrastructure more secure and advance the industries critical to the world we live in.
Want to know what we’re working on at GE Canada? Visit www.gereports.ca
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2017. To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: QUALITY ASSURANCE (QA) ENGINEER INTERN
GE Business: WURLDTECH, GLOBAL SOFTWARE
Location: VANCOUVER, BC
Duration: 8 MONTHS
Anticipated Start Date: MAY 2018
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to: QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Application Deadline: JANUARY 29, 2018
Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
• Keen attention to detail and strong analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting, and prioritization skills;
• Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies;
• Testing experience designing and executing automation test against web applications using Selenium, JMeter or other frameworks;
• Good knowledge in Linux OS;
• Hands-on experience configuring test environments, Linux servers;
• Very familiar with Unix/Linux command-line environment;
• Ability to write clear and reproducible reports and test results;
• Experience with test case management tools and issue tracking software (e.g. JIRA);
• Knowledge of at least one scripting language: Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python, etc. (with at least 2 coop terms of experience).
• University or Master’s Degree in course of completion in Engineering (Computer, Software, or Systems), Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent related discipline
• Open to both current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term and recent graduates who have completed their studies within the past 2 years
- Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
- Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining GE.
• Ability to read and understand at least one higher level language, e.g. C/C++, Java;
• Experience working with hardware and writing Manufacturing Tests;
• Understand software principles such as multi-threading, memory management, caching, garbage collection;
• Experience with QA testing and automation.
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces