Database Administrator (MySQL)- Orlando/Deland/Daytona Beach, FL
Davita has a full-time MySQL Database Administrator position available immediately within the Information Technology Group.
Ensures overall health and performance of multiple MySQL databases. Monitors performance, reliability, availability, scalability, and recoverability. Confers with appropriate managers regarding problems with and capabilities of Client/Server databases. Operates under general supervision.
The candidate must have at least 2 to 4 years of experience in managing MySQLand Oracle relational databases systems in the Unix environment. Strong conceptual and analytic skills. Skilled in SQL programming, knowledge of operating systems and UNIX scripting languages. Knowledge of database security management and data integrity concepts, knowledge of ETL and query tools, and experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle. A Bachelor's degree in business or computer science or equivalent experience is required.
Responsibilities (Job Duties) include:
- Implements database software installs, upgrades, and patches
- Conducts regular database performance testing and tuning
- Conducts regular SQL tracing and tuning.
- Capacity planning for database storage and memory
- Recommends and implements dimensional models, including aggregation and indexing strategies
- Implements and maintains operational and disaster recovery procedures
- Manages database security, user accounts and access privileges
- Writing and maintaining UNIX shell scripts for database monitoring and job automation
- Performs complex bug verification, release testing for assigned products
- Works with fellow DBAs and other internal teams to establish, implement and document database standards
- Confers with internal department managers regarding problems with and the capabilities of various internally-used databases
- Flexibility to adapt to and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Advise on database concepts and functional capabilities
- Share responsibility with fellow DBAs for 24/7 on-call support
- Recommends systems changes to programming management
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Working positively and having fun within a team environment
- Maintain hot and cold backups and maintains backup and recovery documentation
- Ability to work within change control processes
- Maintain detailed project plans for and occasionally lead DBA projects
- Working on multiple MySQL database projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment.