Discover the new Micro Focus – now the world’s 7th largest pure-play software company. By combining HPE Software and Micro Focus offerings, we have built a brand new company with a stronger, bigger portfolio that delivers customer-centered innovation. We are now uniquely positioned to help enterprise customers solve their most pressing business problems and operate in the Hybrid environment—from mainframe to mobile to cloud.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | ITOperations| Cloud | Security | Information Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, and Analytics
Operations Orchestration gives the unique possibility of automating a wide range of tasks that can be met in all data centers. Starting from simple operations related to operating systems, networks, databases, application servers developed by various vendors, complex and ready-to-use workflows can be assembled, leveraging the quantity of work generally done by humans and thus, reducing costs and improving efficiency.
We are currently looking for an experienced QA Automation Engineer to join our Operations Orchestration team in Cluj-Napoca.
Candidates for this team must demonstrate a passion for:
- Customers: understanding customer’s needs
- Quality: test-first and automate everything
- Innovation: generating new ideas about technology/product direction
- Execution: thinking about how to deliver efficient engineering
- Learning: applying new technologies as they are introduced
QA Automation Engineer
Your key tasks:
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application;
- Analyze reports and recommend corrective actions, analyze defects and work along with developers in order to fix them and increase the quality of the product
- Identifies, debugs and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal and outsourced development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Represents the software applications engineering team in all phases of larger and more-complex development projects
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
What do we expect?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- 2-4 years’ experience as QA Engineer
- Proven working experience in software quality assurance / software development
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Software applications testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels
- IntelliJ or Eclipse IDE
- Hands on experience with Git, Maven or Jenkins
- Test automation frameworks
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent business English