The Retail Site Support Service Delivery Manager (Account Manager) is responsible for all aspects of the accounting, reporting, and control of BP’s UK and NL company operated (CO) retail business. Given the nature of GBS Operations for CoCo Accounting, the job holder is expected to be flexible and able to adapt to an environment which is continually developing and changing. In these circumstances, the successful candidate will need to have a willingness to provide day-to-day “hands on” management and demonstrate clear leadership in GL, Accounting and, including all accounting activities, until the expected level of proficiency is achieved.
The job holder will be responsible for:
- Manage a team of Team Leaders in the end state organisation (line managers). Lead, motivate and develop team competencies and BSC capabilities
- Hire, train, and manage team performance, create and implement objectives and development plans for direct reports
- Ensure fundamental business processes are embedded and adhered to consistently throughout the BSC
- Analyse performance reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, interpret data to identify trends and implement operational improvement initiatives
- Ensure that all processes are compliant with ISO accreditation
- Supervising and monitoring all aspects of accounting, reporting and control for the CO business, including end-to-end record-to-report, purchase-to-pay and order-to-cash business cycles, and balance sheet integrity
- Reviewing the results, ensure accuracy and Input Group Feed.
- Using in-depth technical and business knowledge to identify trends and possible abnormalities in the accounts and review analytically the performance and results.
- Supervising the reconciliation of key accounts such as central income, using extensive business understanding and relationships to ensure that all information and transactions are reflected appropriately in the accounting.
- Owning the Order To Cash Control Evaluation Template (CET) and ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Liaising with other parts of GBS, BP Group, Tax and external auditors to ensure the smooth operation of the Retail accounting function.
- Managing the Payroll Plan and updates for GFO, Bonus Calculation and central Recharges, and creation of UFA’s and liason with the R2R team in Budapest.
- Price book Review with Indirect Tax team
- Understanding procedures and processes for the relevant Businesses, as well as the internal BSC processes
- Proactively develop the skills, competencies and knowledge of O2C CoCo teams to ensure that members achieve their full potential
- Provide second level escalation for any issues raised by the CoCo team
- Develop, achieve and monitor Process Performance Indicators aligned to the Service Level Agreements
- Work across country within SPU to share best practices and standardize processes
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels within the organisation, customers and external service providers
- Develop, control and improve processes and procedures to ”Best in Class” standards
- Ensure that all activities are compliant with the BSC’s HSSE requirements
- Monitor and assure compliance to SOX and BP Business Controls
- Relevant Degree (preferably in business studies)
- Fluency in English
Essential experience and job requirements
- 3 – 5 years of people management experience in a multinational environment
- Proven Experience in Retail Accounting or similar service orientated environments
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships
- Proactive people management skills that facilitate others to play to their strengths
- Strong performance management skills with experience of managing both quantitative and qualitative targets and a track record of achieving goals
- Exceptional time management and organisation skills
- Strong and Decisive decision making skills
- Educated to Degree standard or equivalent
- High Level of IT proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Incumbent must have the following (minimum) abilities:
- Able to meet tight deadlines for both internal and external customers
- Able to consistently review and adapt approach and style to meet ever changing requirements
- Able to manage conflicting work issues and deadlines using team structure and by negotiating timeframes on work in order to ensure deliverable deadlines are met.
- Able to build contingency plans into daily work to deal with unforeseen circumstances in order to minimise potential problems
- Able to actively promote a positive team environment and build networks effectively to enhance and share knowledge
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Minimum of 36 months previous experience in a service or comparable industry.
- Experience in complex and system orientated environments is essential
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of customers’ needs / behaviours
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across matrix organisations. Strong day to day relationships with the whole of Finance Team, CO Retail Leadership, GBS counterparts (R2R, P2P, O2C ang GPO), internal and external auditors
Is this a part time position?
BP is establishing a new Business Service Centre (“BSC”) location in Szeged which provides Finance, Customer Service and Operational Procurement services to all Downstream businesses in Europe. The BSC provides the opportunity to combine activities dispersed across different locations, and support the standardization and simplification of processes in one location. The new BSC site is starting operations in 2017, along with the Budapest site which, opened in 2009 and has 1200 employees. We are looking for experienced professionals to contribute to our success.
Corporate & Functions