The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. ️
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
As early adopters of our products, startups have been a key driver of Intercom’s success to date. Start-ups continue to be an important customer segment for Intercom and we are committed to investing in this community through the Intercom for Early Stage program. This program offers discounted pricing and other resources to eligible early-stage startups that apply through our partners (e.g. YC, TechStars, 500 Startups, Station F etc.) or through our marketing site.
As manager of the Intercom for Early Stage Program, you will have the opportunity to help define and execute on the strategy for the overall program. This would involve developing relationships with partner organizations (e.g. accelerators, VCs) and implement strategies to drive adoption amongst early stage startups. This is a highly cross-functional role that will require you to collaborate with product marketing, R&D, sales and customer support to tailor our products and experience for early-stage companies.This is a high-visibility role with opportunities to work with executive leaders across the company.
What will I be doing?
- Help define strategy to drive adoption of Intercom amongst early stage startups
- Develop and maintain relationships with start-up organizations such as accelerators, VCs to drive mind-share for Intercom amongst their portfolio companies
- Engage with entrepreneurs to help evaluate Intercom and handle detailed questions about our capabilities; pass opportunities to sales team when appropriate
- Share Intercom product vision and insights etc. at startup events, hackathons, conferences, etc.
- Work with our events team to conduct local events targeting the start-up community
- Handle day-to-day operations for our marketing site program for Early Stage
- Collaborate extensively with cross-functional teams (Marketing, R&D, Sales and Support) to effectively tailor Intercom for start-ups in a scalable manner
- Develop KPIs to measure and report success for the program to leadership team and cross-functional partners
- Continuously identify new opportunities to iterate offering and expand reach based on market trends
To succeed, you must be data-driven, structured, a great communicator, enjoy variety in your work, deal well with ambiguity and have an insatiable drive to make an impact.
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Deep experience in partner/customer facing role with record of top performance
- A strong passion and interest for technology startups
- Ability to understand and communicate the value of Intercom products to start-ups
- Analytical skills, specifically related to measuring success of initiatives
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional partners
- A proactive and independent self-starter, with a can-do attitude, who can thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 30% of the time; role based in SF, but would require some travel
- Nice to have: Been a prior company founder or involved in the venture community
- Nice to have: Experience with public speaking and presentations
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!