Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visit www.pall.com/green.
Provide support for desktop operations and local site server systems.
System administration, development, security and support of all relevant infrastructure.
- Provide user and administrative support for desktop and local server systems.
- Provide technical guidance to users and management for desktop support and local server systems.
- Participate in projects or teams and directed by the Manager/Supervisor.
- Assist Manager/Supervisor in development of desktop support and local server systems strategy.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of all relevant hardware and software.
- Implementation and support of network operating systems and services.
- Configuration, installation & deployment of all PC’s and PC related peripherals.
- Configuration, installation, deployment & support of desktop management suite.
- Develop and maintain appropriate desktop and server related procedures and ensure these procedures are enforced.
- Develop & maintain appropriate disaster recovery procedures.
- Develop a working knowledge of department specific applications.
- Keep abreast of technical aspects of PC-LAN computing environment.
- Provide project management for implementations and role-outs.
- Provide Manager/Supervisor with equipment projections and assist with purchasing.
- Perform daily backup procedures as defined by technical leads.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving service, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform system analysis and utilisation reports as required.
- Log into and use telephone and computer based Service Desk system to record all support activities.
- Contribute to meeting the departmental key performance indicators.
- Provide training to European community as required
Knowledge & Key Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of PC hardware and associated peripherals.
- Excellent knowledge of network hardware and management tools.
- Excellent knowledge of network operating systems and applications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft O/S, Server and Desktop
- Ability to use technical documentation and diagnostic tools to solve hardware and software problems.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent judgement and strong analytical skills as well as follow-up and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, parallel projects.
- Ability to perform risk assessments.
- Up-to-date professional certification in the relevant technical area.
Essential Previous Experience:
- 3 years experience of desktop support.
- 3 years experience of network applications / operating systems / hardware.
- 3 years experience implementing and maintaining Windows 2008/2012 based application servers.
- Provide cover for Bank Holiday/Company Holidays.
- Hold a current driving licence.
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
EMEA-Western Europe-France-Saint Germain