CIB – Investor Services – Global Custody Product Manager – VP – Mumbai
J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB):
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Custody & Fund Services:
J.P. Morgan Custody - global leader with $22 trillion in assets under custody, provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Solutions. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services (C&FS) business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
Global Custody Product Management:
Global Custody Product Management is responsible for the strategy, end to end ownership, governance and P&L of the Global Custody business. This is a broad based all-encompassing role.
The team is global, with members based in London and Bournemouth New York and Hong Kong . The European team covers two segments; Asset Managers and Asset Owners. The Asset Owner segment is responsible for the Insurance, Pension, Banks and Sovereign Wealth Fund clients with a geographic focus on the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Middle East, Eastern Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa.
The primary focus of the role will be to work closely with internal teams to support new and existing clients to maximize revenue and profitability of the business. End to end ownership is critical, this role will require working with operations, legal, compliance, technology and all the support units across the bank to ensure the business is operating at its maximum efficiency levels. The role is based out of Mumbai.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Product definition
- Regulatory change implementation – on an end to end basis
- Product ownership for the segment
- End to end operating control including designing, building and owning operating metrics
- Analyzing Client profitability
- Client efficiency metrics (manual processing, repairs etc.)
- Multiple ‘business as usual’ projects and business enablement initiatives
- Balance sheet usage – specifically excess cash management
- Reporting on client revenue and receivables
- Working on client RFI’s, RFP’s and due diligence responses
- Support pricing of client deals
- Working internally with product development to deliver the client change agenda
- Help manage the Global Custody controls agenda including CASS, CMAR, audits etc.
- Support the Global Custody profitability by involvement in the strategic financial planning for New, Incremental, Lost and Repriced deals
- Develop and manage the team locally within the CFS GKN organization
- 10-12 years of relevant experience ideal
- Deep understanding or knowledge of the industry, ideally gained from either within operations, product management or the relationship / client service organization
- Must demonstrate an ability to quickly grasp concepts and have an understanding of the Global Custody business and then be able to articulate them clearly and concisely in both written and oral form
- Commercially focused and able to understand the business P&L; experience in managing a P&L would be advantageous
- Ideally, a proven knowledge of Corporate and Investment Bank products
- Ability to demonstrate inclusion of risk and control parameters in daily activities
- Ability to partner across the global custody organization; exposure, experience or working with or in operations, technology, risk, controls, compliance, legal, client service, relationship management would be advantageous
- Previous experience of product management would be ideal, otherwise a demonstrable understanding of the core concepts of product management is required
- A deep understanding of the regulatory regime and impacts on the services being developed.
- Strong business analysis skills backed by the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders would be beneficial
- Able to demonstrate strong presentation and communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate good understanding client needs and how this impacts the product development agenda/roadmap
- Strong skills in using Microsoft Office tools to communicate and present.