Our organization is looking for a Lead Android Developer to join our Client Application Development team. You will be working hands on with a diverse team of developers to create and support native apps for Fortune 500 companies.
The successful candidate has significant work experience with Android applications that communicate with REST APIs. Experience with Location Services, and Push Notifications are critical. A strong candidate will have apps in Google Play along with readily available source code examples of their work.
You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process.
GPShopper is the leading integrated mobile commerce platform for retailers and brands, with native mobile app solutions that empower retailers to drive customer engagement and loyalty by bridging the digital and physical shopping experience with the use of mobile technologies. Our award-winning native mobile applications - featuring a complete suite of integrations such as commerce, loyalty, payments, personalized marketing and push notifications - are backed by a mobile content management system and reporting tools. Clients include A.C. Moore, Boohoo, Crate and Barrel, Foot Locker, Jo-Ann, Lands’ End, Lane Bryant, Michael’s, Shoe Carnival, Stance, Steve Madden, True Religion and more.
GPShopper’s apps and platform have been recognized as best-in-class by retail and technology leaders, winning awards from the National Retail Foundation (NRF), Direct Marketing Association (DMA), The Daveys, eTail, W3, The Webbys, AT&T and Intel for excellence in mobile innovation. Forbes recently named GPShopper one of Ten Companies Disrupting Their Industries with Technology. Learn more at www.gpshopper.com.
- Manage and mentor a team of 5-10 developers
- Architect a project through ticket system (Jira) for developers to follow
- Work as part of a team of Android developers to create apps according to the specifications of our clients and our client services team
- Work closely with Project Managers on a daily basis to deliver projects on time in a fast paced agile environment
- Implement code based on technical specifications provided through Functional Design Documents and/or Jira tickets
- Participate in code reviews with other developers (both internal employees and contract developers)
- Communicate effectively across teams and departments
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- At least 5 years relevant industry experience including previous management experience
- Degree in Computer Science from a four-year university strongly preferred OR an equivalent mix of education and experience are also acceptable
- Minimum 3 years experience programming java, at least 1 year in Android Studio.
- Experience with agile methodologies, Jira, git, and code reviews
- Experience consuming data from REST APIs, preferably with JSON
- At least one non-trivial app available for download
- Familiarity with common design patterns and object oriented programming
- Knowledge of Android, Java, and/or Python programming is helpful, but not required
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Job Family Group: