Data Architect in Socialbakers should have at least 7 years of experience in designing and implementing analytical and data warehousing solutions. He/she should be able to think on a conceptual level, suggest innovative solutions and quickly understand capabilities on disruptive technologies in the area of analytical/DWH but also participate heavily in development and implementation. Besides technical skills, great communication and ability to sell ideas to stakeholders are a must.
The suitable candidate also has to be able to quickly learn new technologies as our teams move fast - we use the most up to date analytical stack (AWS Redshift and Apache Spark)!
- Provide technical vision and architectural guidance to the rest of the team (example: ELT can be faster to develop in some cases - let’s do POC)
- Solve the most complex technical problems the team faces (examples: effective deployment of MPP data warehouse, support Apache Spark deployment)
- Participate in development and implementation of our DWH solution (example: implementing views containing complex business logic)
- Continuously review available solutions and suggests improvements (example: review cloud ELT/ETL tools and recommend which one to use)
- Communicate with stakeholders on daily basis, understand the requirements and translate those into technical specifications (example: detailed BA of high-level customer request)
- Proactively help other team members when appropriate as well as seek support rather than trying to solve the problem on your own - communicate efficiently!
Skills & Qualifications
- Very good technical background (statistical/mathematical/computer science)
- Knowledge of the following technologies and concepts of SQL databases, ETLs, DWH data modeling
- Knowledge of AWS Redshift, Apache Spark (pyspark), machine learning models would be an advantage
- Be able to apply advanced analytics or willingness to learn these methods (example: data mining/machine learning)
- Be able to step back from the customer requirements, perform analysis, suggest solution from the technical perspective and sell it to the developers as well as the customer
- Organized way of working with focus on disciplined delivery (both time and budget wise)
- Good communicator and team player
- Very proactive approach to solving problems
- Leadership capabilities - ability to inspire others, sell technical concepts and ideas in a way that others will follow
- English language
- Work in an international environment in the new modern offices in Karlín with a big terrace, and our own grill
- Agile and open-minded culture and a high level of flexibility
- Possibility to learn new technologies and encourage new ideas
- Chance to compete in a ping-pong tournament or to enjoy table football, Xbox, Yoga or run with colleagues, and nearly all year-round grilling parties, and other team buildings opportunities
- Workshops and meetings with various experts from the Czech market, internal trainings, language courses
- Open discussions with colleagues during beer tastings (or wine, if you prefer :)
- 25 days of holidays, 3 sick days, home office
- And others...it is definitely worth to meet with us!