What you will do
Are you looking to grow your career in the rapidly growing cyber security industry? Our Huntsville based team is on the forefront of the industry servicing multiple branches of the military to provide energy management and security solutions while protecting some of the nation’s most critical networks. If you have a desire to make a difference supporting some of the nation’s finest military sites then we’d like to talk with you.
Location: Huntsville, AL site - working closely with the Army Corp of Engineers
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of vacation per calendar year
Travel: Up to 35%
How you will do it
1. Work successfully in a multidisciplinary team environment
2. Communicate and document articulately technical issues to:
A) highly technical audiences to clarify technical tasks;
B) non-technical audiences with varying objectives
C) senior management to aid decision-making.
3. Coordinates and creates necessary IA documentation and artifacts for submittals and accreditation.
4. Performs security scans and risk assessment on secured systems
5. Keeps management and JCI customer informed of job progress and issues.
6. Assists in performing site-specific training for owner/operator on the accredited system.
7. Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee safety.
8. Responsible for assignments requiring knowledge in the DoD/DISA Information Assurance (IA) requirements and have knowledge of policies and processes, the DoD network environment, industry computer/security standards, and DoD Cyber security initiatives.
9. Assists in specialized technical subject matter expertise in the planning, and execution of the defense-in-depth security engineering, relevant technology and process development, implementation such as security testing, certification and accreditation, intrusion detection policy development, security baseline management as well as IA focused software development.
10. Utilize developed approach to achieve information assurance, certification and accreditation for Building Automation Systems and Electronic Security Systems. Use knowledge of ISSE, DIACAP, NIST, IA Program, Governance Policy & Directives and Instructions to complete projects
What we look for
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Cyber Security or equivalent experience. Graduate school coursework in a cyber security related field highly preferred.
2. Minimum of three (3) years experience with Information Assurance and Cyber Security required. Ten (10) or more years of cyber security experience supporting the Air Force, Navy, or Army highly preferred
3. Must possess at least CompTIA Security + Certification
4. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
5. Ability to demonstrate advanced computer skills6. Ability to travel up to 35%
1. Five (5) years of experience developing cyber strategies for military leadership
2. Applicable understanding of NISPOM and DSS processes
3. Experience briefing and training military leadership or government personnel within a DoD agency Major Command
4. Experience developing proposals in response to cybersecurity requirements
5. Experience migrating DoD programs and products from DIACAP to RMF
6. Experience in DoD implementation of Risk Management Framework, FISMA, and DIACAP
7. Certified Information Systems Security Profectional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
8. Experience leading engineering teams comprised of internal and external members
9. Computing Environment Certification preferred
10. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification or equivalent preferred
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)