About the job
Akamai Marketplace team is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join our software development team focused on building data analysis and visualization solutions. In this role, you will be contributing to the full SDLC. This includes design and development of testing automation for core components that power Akamai Marketplace.
The ideal candidate must have an initial significant experience in software engineering, including designing and creating mature, reusable and scalable software testing automation components. Familiarity with modern development tools and environments is a plus. The candidate should also have excellent problem solving skills and abilities to communicate effectively.
About the team
Akamai Marketplace is at the very center of everything at Akamai. Binding technology with product strategy and go-to-market, it is one of the most transformative initiatives currently at Akamai.
Building Akamai Marketplace is a challenging problem on multiple fronts:
• Size and global spread of Akamai's customer base.
• Diversity and scale of Akamai's products.
• Complexity of the business problems that the software needs to incorporate.
You will be a key contributor and will execute the design, development and successful deployment of test automation for core Marketplace components, such as:
• Recommendation Engine
• Underlying Data gathering, Processing and Dissemination components.
In doing so you are expected to:
• Collaborate with multiple developers within the team and in other teams to deliver technical solutions to meet the requirements.
• Be a go to person and a subject matter expert in your testing components and area of technology.
• Adhere to modern SDLC processes and work with development and Release management teams to deliver high quality, testable, observable, high performance, and reusable software in a timely manner.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related fields.
• 2+ years of test automation software development experience for enterprise software or consumer web applications.
• 2+ years of experience in one or more of the major Linux Platforms (CentOS/Redhat, Ubuntu)
• 2+ years of experience in testing and using relational databases (Oracle, Postgres)
• 2+ years of continuous practice and proficiency in 2 or more of the major programming languages (C/C++, Java, Python)
• 2+ years of continuous practice of object oriented design.
• 1+ years of practice in basic development operations tools (Git/Stash, Jenkins, Perforce)
• 1+ years of continuous practice in testing RESTFUL API’s
• 1+ years of experience in testing Apache Tomcat
• 2+ years of continuous practice in one or more NoSQL distributed databases systems (Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark)
• Knowledge of the Akka framework
• Strong problem identification and problem solving skills.
• Must be creative and passionate.
• Experience in big data systems and/or building analytics products.