Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Database Marketing Operations Specialist is responsible for the execution of marketing campaign strategies. This role provides consultative advice on campaign strategy and design leveraging in-depth knowledge of PayPal data, systems and tools. Areas of emphasis will include consumer and merchant programs, utilizing email, web, banners and paid media channels.
- Overseeing the development and execution of multiple PayPal Marketing Campaigns at various lifecycle stages. Serve as a point of contact for North Americas marketing campaign related data.
- Contributor to campaign design requirements and methodologies. Aid in campaign design tests, monitor test analysis and provide recommendations based on test results.
- Leverage customer information to develop campaign design and perform segmentation analyses for various marketing channels to optimize campaign effectiveness and return on investment.
- Conduct in-depth data analysis and ensure data accuracy and timely delivery of campaigns.
- Develop, catalog, and revise documents necessary for efficient operations.
- Develop and maintain cross functional proficiency within selected PayPal departments, including Marketing, Operations, Technology and Product.
- Regularly query large data sets (Teradata, SQL) for campaign execution and ad hoc marketing purposes.
- Proactively research information to meet the needs of the marketing team and other end users.
- Willing to expand Domain Knowledge to all areas of North Americas Business.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years of Marketing experience.
- 2-4 years of Direct experience in SQL or other database query language. Experience with Teradata and basic understanding of data warehousing is preferred.
- A background in utilizing and leveraging campaign management tools and systems such as IBM Campaign.
- Bachelors Degree; Masters Degree preferred.
- Experience reporting in Tableau or similar tools, basic understanding of data modeling and ETL and has worked on reporting process automation.
- Experience in large-scale consumer-focused direct response and database marketing preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products including: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required. Above average knowledge on Excel (formulas and Pivot) is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Sound analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.