• Resolve material processing related issues encountered during manufacturing at suppliers and throughout the life cycle of the component while in service. In consultation with Design engineering, determine proper disposition of discrepant hardware through Materials Review Board case records. Review quality records, composition, and mechanical properties to detect trends that may indicate undesirable changes in product quality.
• Interpret material and special process specifications and part drawings. Ensure that acceptance / inspection procedures, and processing instructions are suitable, complete and are properly controlled during application of manufacturing procedures.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Interface with suppliers and establish requirements for materials and special processes including; material characterization, mechanical properties, joining practices, heat treatment, shot peening, non-destructive testing and other special processes to ensure proper quality is maintained. Review supplier documentation, perform audits, and evaluate test results against GE requirements.
• Bachelor of Science in Metallurgical & Materials Science Engineering only
• 5 years engineering experience
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and orally in English
• Proven self-starter and independent worker who can work with cross-functional teams
• Fast in action but with detailed technical review and good documentation
• Strong team work and communication skills, eager to learn continuously
• Completed military service for male applicants
• Masters of Science and/or and PhD in Materials Science Engineering is preferred
• Experience in aerospace industry is preferred
• Experience with and knowledge of manufacturing processes such as thermal spray, shot peen, chemical processes, welding, brazing, heat treatment etc.
• Experience with and knowledge of aerospace materials and material testing; Titanium, Nickel, Iron etc. based super alloys
• Familiarity with shop operations and quality systems