HBO Media Technology and Information Systems is seeking an experienced Project Manager to oversee and deliver an ongoing portfolio of projects related to HBO’s Data and Analytics Platform (DAP). The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, able to translate complicated business requirements into actionable deliverables and timelines and possess significant big data, analytics and media industry domain knowledge.
- Work with business stakeholders, system and solution architects, engineers, and management to identify, document, prioritize, and build requirements for new and incremental DAP workflows and functionality.
- Create and maintain high-level system architecture and workflow diagrams to support roadmap plans.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the end-user community to develop long term roadmaps and program plans that span functional areas and technical systems.
- Develop testing approaches for mission critical systems when new functionality is being released.
- Manage development life-cycle that includes resources from remote locations including offshore.
- Thoroughly understand the technology within the DAP space as it relates to the programs under development.
- Communicate program status on a regular basis to technology and business management teams with a focus on risk mitigation, issue tracking, budget maintenance, and overall transparency.
- 5+ years of technology program and project management, software engineering leadership or business analysis experience in a technology department or company.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects simultaneously with complex and stakeholder and delivery teams.
- Experience using Agile methodology and tools (Jira, Rally, etc.) to deliver projects.
- Demonstrated ability to create, maintain and manage product backlogs and system roadmaps.
- Experience translating business requirements into individual epics, features and user stories
- Experience working with offsite team members in all aspects of system delivery including development and testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience.
- Experience in media or broadcast company preferred.