• This position is an analytical consultant and strategic business advisor to Respiratory Biologics Sales leadership, closely engaging with SVP and their sales FVP leadership team. This role leverages analytics to uncover insights, and influences fact-based decision-making to drive execution of sales strategies, prioritize actions that will drive high ROI impact, and optimize sales force effectiveness and external competitiveness.
• This role is expected to collaborate broadly across business and support teams including Advanced Analytics, Marketing Analytics, EFO, Sales Deployment/Operations and others to deliver forward-looking analyses of national and sub-national performance, customer and competitive trends, resource allocation and optimization, KPI development and monitoring, and uncovering insights from standard reporting deliverables.
• Plays integral role on sector leadership team to inform planning and execution of brand and sales strategy, customer and competitor understanding, market dynamics, and competitive activity. Requires deep understanding of market dynamics, business strategy, customer trends, and competitor shifts to influence decision making. Establishes credibility as trusted consultant and business partner for the sales VP and FVPs, consulting frequently (i.e. daily) to discuss performance of the business and influence an insights-driven approach, making recommendations based on deep understanding of sector dynamics, and driving analytics-based insights deep into the organization.
o Proactively leverages sales analytics to identify insights and forward-looking opportunities to drive performance. Regularly reviews available sales data and gleans relevant national and sub-national insights from these data. Effectively works across boundaries to communicate findings, derive customer, competitor and performance insights, and make recommendations that influence decision-making, and drive action to achieve business results.
o Creates and fosters strong strategic partnerships with sales leaders. Acts as a reliable, unbiased, and trusted consultant. Proactively challenges current thinking based on insights gleaned from data. Earns the trust and respect of key stakeholders where guidance and strategic thinking, professional business challenge, and recommendations are sought-out for help in solving complex, challenging problems for the business.
o Develops a locally oriented view of the customer to understand top customer opportunities at a plan, employer, and HCP level. Drives focus and energy within the organization toward these opportunities, monitors performance within these accounts, and ensures resources are allocated appropriately to achieve business objectives.
o Partners with Marketing Analytics to share customer and competitor insights, translate brand level targeting and segmentation to optimal call planning and routing analytics to support regional / district / territory level execution.
o Takes a lead role within the analytics team for nationally scoped projects / brand leadership as requested by the Director, Sales Analytics. Provides direction to sales analysts around analyses to inform sub-national analysis and national projects, including:
o Works with sales analysts, finance and territory operations to conduct vacancy, impact analyses based on sales impact and ROI analyses, on a regular basis and deliver recommendations on optimal coverage to Sr. Sales Leaders.
o Develops a strong external orientation on customer research, competitor trends, market dynamics and bringing external lens in to GSK in the form of insights, recommendations and leverage to guide decision making.
o Proactively identifies opportunities to pilot new ideas that could drive business impact. Gains buy-in and commitment to execute within Sector, designs test, creates implementation and measurement plan with clear goals and guidance on decision to scale.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a pharmaceutical sales role
- Strong analytical experience. Ability to leverage data to extract key insights. Aptitude for data collection, manipulation, processing, and uncovering of insights regardless of format or tools
- Leadership, especially influence/negotiation. Ability to go “toe to toe” with SVPs and FVPs to create a relationship as an equal business partner. PC Sales and Field FLL experience is a plus.
- Experience selling in the Primary Care space
- MBA in a related field
- Experience in previous CBI or EFO
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.