Area of Interest
Midroll - Stitcher-55259
At Stitcher, we're creating the best place in the world for podcasts -- the best place to discover, to listen, to distribute and to create. Our award-winning app has been downloaded over 12 million times and delivers listeners their favorite shows via smart phone, smart speaker and connected car. We love podcasts, and every day we're helping more people share in that love. We're looking for smart, motivated podcast enthusiasts to build and grow even faster.
This is a great opportunity to join a small product team and have a large impact on the product and the industry. The User Experience Designer will be responsible for UI and visual design for our mobile apps (iOS and Android), our web app, our automotive and consumer electronics integrations, as well as our partner portal and back office tools. You will work with directly with Product Management and Engineering and you'll have the full support of the Director of User Experience to help us deliver world class products to podcast fans and creators around the world. Come join the team that is shaping the future of podcasting.
What you'll do:
- Define problems and goals, then translate complex requirements into simple, elegant and effective product concepts via collaboration with product management and engineering teams.
- Play a central role in a major redesign of both product and brand in 2018, which means lots of exploration and mock ups - bring your imagination!
- Produce production level comps, style guides, and assets that are pixel perfect and act as blueprints for the development team. Follow through each sprint with the same spirit of perfection with the developers to get the designs executed.
- Work with Product team to help gather and translate user feedback, competitive app designs and internal and external stakeholder requirements into actionable features and designs.
- Work with Product team to execute and analyze usability research to inform key product decisions.
- Work collaboratively as well as independently to move the product design forward. When working independently, you will need to be highly organized and communicative to set and hit desired timelines.
- Be a champion of and expert on the Stitcher brand - uphold design and brand standards by assuring your designs fit the visual framework.
- Collaborate with the Stitcher & Midroll team to help create and execute on Stitcher/Midroll's strategy to be the leading full stack services provider in the podcasting space
What you'll bring to the job:
The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about great design, consumer software design and podcasts. They will bring great ideas and enthusiasm to the process and team combined with an ability to expediently execute in a fast changing environment.
- Experience designing native mobile apps (we are mobile first) as well as desktop apps, and websites (including mobile responsive sites) from concepts to wireframes to mockups
- Expertise creating software designs with Photoshop and Illustrator
- An understanding of user-centered design principles, intuitive product flows, and responsive web design
- A strong hierarchy/layout/typography skill set
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to confidently believe in and pitch your ideas to the rest of the product team while staying humble enough to hear and leverage the opinions of others
Bonus Points for:
- Experience creating designs in Sketch
- Strong illustration/drawing skills
- Experience in photo retouching, photo-manipulation, and compositing
- Ability to create functional prototypes of your ideas
- User testing, A/B Testing, and consumer surveys for Web and Mobile interfaces
- A love of podcasts
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Bachelor's degree min in graphic design preferably from a design school
- 3+ years experience in the Graphic Design field
This role is located in San Francisco and requires limited to no travel.
Stitcher is an equal opportunity employer and committed to building a staff that is as diverse and inclusive as the growing world of podcasts that we are helping build. We offer competitive salaries, a flexible paid time off policy, competitive health benefits, 401(k) matching and other perks. We are a part of E.W. Scripps, a 140-year-old media company committed to journalism and free speech.