Sales Representative MedSurg - Southern Gauteng & Limpopo
Global Quality and Ops
Percent Travel Required
Up to 90%
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Job Description / Information
A Sales Representative is the second position within our Sales Career Path. You are emerging in your sales career and employing the process of selling which involves contacting potential customers, identifying their needs, persuading them that our Stryker products can best satisfy those needs; closing the sale by agreeing the terms and conditions; and providing after-sales service and support to include case cover in theater.
- Stryker Citizen: Demonstrates outstanding ethics at all times. Treats customers and employees with respect, represents the company in the best possible light.
- Knowledge: Solid understanding of products and associated procedures. Can hold a credible clinical conversation and position products accordingly.
- Customer Service: Acts with integrity and reactively delivers on commitments within the required timescales. Proactively seeks issues and offers suggestions.
- Business Planning: Independently constructs a business plan and has clear direction on daily, weekly and monthly planning.
- Sales Skills: Consistently prioritises the right opportunities for SYK. Shows ability to construct the best customer pricing proposal, giving consideration for value, to a wide variety of customers. Closes sales opportunities. Shows evidence of growing existing SYK business. Always has integrity and compliance at the front their mind when constructing purchase options.
- Commercial Awareness: Regularly seeks opportunities to maximise return through multi-line opportunities. Qualifies opportunities by speaking with all stakeholders to qualify opportunities.
- Developing Others: Undertakes mentoring projects in conjunction with RSM. Acts to address developmental needs of group when instructed.
- Discretion/Latitude/Impact: Works under general supervision. Conducts standard tasks under supervision and guidance of more experienced staff. Work is reviewed for soundness and overall adequacy. Keeps manager informed regularly on status of work. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in sales achievement and may adversely affect revenue &/or budget.
- 1-3 years Sales experience with Diploma in related field. Higher Education preferable.
- Knowledge of Medical Device environment & Medical Device regulations preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Outgoing and persuasive manner and ability to deal with people who hold differing beliefs or values;
- Confidence and persistence;
- Patience and self-motivation;
- Analytical and planning skills;
- Flexible approach to work in order to adapt to changes;
- Strong teamwork and networking skills;
- Commercial and business awareness;
- Valid driving licence.