About Citi Global Decision Management
Citi Global Decision Management team is a global community that objectively connects and analyzes information, to create actionable intelligence for our business leaders. It identifies fact based opportunities for revenue growth and expense reduction in partnership with the businesses. The function balances customer needs, business strategy, and profit objectives using best-in-class and relevant analytic methodologies. To accomplish this, the group focuses on linkages of information, tools and analytics.
Role Outline / Job Summary
The role of Anti Money Laundering (AML) Scenario Development & Enhancement (SDE) Statistician is part of Strategic Business Solutions group of Global Decision Management (GDM), based in Bangalore and reporting into the AVP/VP leading the team.
The scope of work includes all aspects of analysis performed by the team within different projects: Threshold Tuning, Segmentation, Tactical Tuning tasks, and data modeling / validation efforts depending on current needs and project plans. A primary area of focus for this position will be working on threshold tuning for Optimization, Tactical Tuning projects and some aspects of Segmentation modeling, while maintaining the flexibility to switch amongst work streams based on business needs.
The SDE statistician will follow the globally consistent methodology, but is expected to have a high level of initiative and creativity and suggest enhancements to the current methodologies. The role requires working closely with business partners based in other geographies that Citi operates in (e.g., U.S., APAC, EMEA).
Requirements include a background in analysis using data bases, warehouses, data processing; experience with statistics and data mining. Experience and knowledge in banking and finance especially in the AML area will be a plus. In addition, the ability to read and create formal documentation is highly desirable.
- Position title: Principal Analyst (Manager)
- Grade / Level: C11
- Business Group: CSIPL-GDM
- Function / Group: GDM
- Department: GDM
- Location: Bangalore
Role & Responsibilities:
Business / Department Objectives:
Citi Global Decision Management team connects and analyzes information, to create actionable intelligence for our business leaders. It identifies fact based opportunities for revenue growth and expense reduction in partnership with the businesses. The function balances customer needs, business strategy, and profit objectives using best-in-class and relevant analytic methodologies.
- Conduct data-driven analysis and create reports. Apply quantitative and qualitative data analysis methods; prepare statistical and non-statistical data exploration and advanced statistical analysis to support the threshold tuning or segmentation work streams
- Validate data, identify data quality issues (if any), and work with Technology to address them. Analyze and interpret data reports, draw conclusions and make recommendations answering specific business needs
- Automate data extraction and data preprocessing tasks. Perform Ad hoc data analyses. Design and maintain complex data manipulation processes. Provide consistent documentation and presentations
- Document solutions and present results in a simple comprehensive way to non-technical audience, as well as write more formal documentation using statistical vocabulary
- Generate new ideas, concepts and models to improve methods of obtaining and evaluating quantitative and qualitative data. Identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research. Question and validate assumptions. Escalate identified risks and sensitive areas in terms of methodology and processes
- Maintain an industry leading knowledge of the tools, systems and processes available for best in class AML Detection and Monitoring Operations
Financial / Budgetary: No
Individual Contributor (IC) / Managerial: IC
- The scope of work includes all aspects of analysis performed by the team within different projects: Threshold Tuning, Segmentation, Tactical Tuning tasks, and data modeling / validation efforts depending on current needs and project plans. A primary area of focus for this position will be working on threshold tuning for Optimization, Tactical Tuning projects and some aspects of Segmentation modeling, while maintaining the flexibility to switch amongst work streams based on business needs.
- Percentage of Travel: Yes, up to 10% of the time (should be open to travel outside India)
- Masters in a numerate subject such as Mathematics, Operational Research, Business Administration, Economics etc. from Premier Institute or a track record of performance that demonstrates this ability.
- 5-8 years Experience in Analytics Industry
- Experience with statistical modelling
- Previous experience with financial services companies (retail banking, small business banking, commercial, institutional, private banking)
- Mantas and AML monitoring systems experience or other transaction monitoring systems a plus
- Knowledge of the local / regional laws and regulations applicable to anti-money laundering
- Certification in SAS and/ or R
- Strong statistics and data analytics academic background and knowledge of quantitative methods
- Good knowledge of SAS, SQL, Hive, and/or other data processing languages (Knowledge of R is a plus)
- Highly-skilled and good knowledge of MS Excel and VBA experience
- Experience in reporting the results of analysis in clear written form, and in presenting the findings during meetings and conference calls
- Team working experience (demonstrated team player ability required)
- Understanding of technical requirements, ability to communicate with Technical Support
- Very good written and verbal communication ability in an educational style. Ability to express thoughts and concepts clearly
- Ability to work well with a variety of people and to show team-player attitude regardless the scope of responsibilities
- Provide input into the innovation of new and enhanced approaches. Having initiative and a proactive attitude is desirable
- Must have: Statistical / data analytical skills - including both calculation and interpretation of outcome
- Methodical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Initiative, creativity and attention to detail are essential
- Ability to work under close supervision of senior team member, while preserving independence of thinking and responsibility for the results
- Ability to discuss reasoning, critical assessment of facts and opinions; ability of giving comprehensive answers and arguments
- Conceptual and creative thinking (outside the box)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, through all levels of the organization and through different business units
- Self-motivated with high desire of self-development and learning
- Must be able to coordinate and deal with conflicting time demands
Direct: AVP/VP of the team
- Opportunities exist for mobility within the broader organization
Yes, 10 % of the Time
UB City, Bangalore, India