Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
This person is responsible for facilitating the efficient execution of all assigned project activities. The project management specialist is responsible for supporting product development teams in the planning, scheduling, tracking, coordination, monitoring, and successful completion of new product development projects that deliver molecular diagnostic products to market.
· Participates in development of project/program plan. Designs the delivery of semi-complex projects or programs. Participates in or performs project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities). Participates in technical review of systems, products or process designs and documentation.
· Supports and participates in external partners relationships where required.
· Independently performs important areas of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting more complex, less clearly-defined issues.
· Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
· Schedules and leads meetings to coordinate interdepartmental project activities required to resolve project issues.
· Supports the management of submissions to regulatory agencies. Interfaces with Senior Functional Managers and Business Unit leadership as needed.
· Supports project communications to all stakeholders (project teams, functional managers, internal and external customers, and senior management), including meeting minutes, monthly updates, communications meetings, and phase reviews.
· Facilitates the exchange of information between departments on a day-to-day basis and maintains liaison with all members of the project team between project team meetings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline (Master’s preferred)
· Typically 2-6 years of project management experience in the molecular diagnostic or related industry
· Experience working with Lean, Agile and/or CCPM methodologies a plus
· A proven track record in supporting program management efforts to define and launch innovative products to be utilized in the healthcare industry
· Ability to work and influence in a matrixed organization is essential
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to communicate rapidly and effectively within the organization and to represent the company in a professional manner
· Experience leading a diverse team with various management hierarchies
· Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience