For over 35 years, we’ve been making history. Now, we’re creating the future.
Techs on the beach
On April 14, 1981, in Honolulu, Hawaii, William “Bill” Melton incorporated his new tech company. The original intention was to provide a recourse for retailers who’d been swindled by people handing out bad checks. Bill's product was a kind of verification device using phone lines—a verification phone.
But then a pivot. The credit card industry was relatively new at the time and processing was still being done with carbon paper. Bill saw a way to reduce costs for companies like Visa and MasterCard, while capitalizing on this new technology. Instead of verifying checks, we would provide local businesses a means to electronically process credit card payments. The Verifone payment device was born.
Now, Verifone is one of the world’s largest POS terminal vendors and a leading provider of payment and commerce solutions. We operate in more than 150 countries and employ nearly 6,000 people globally. Our steady growth has come organically, through a dedication to innovation and strategic partnerships, as well as from savvy acquisitions.
Frontend Engineering Team Lead
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for the software development lifecycle for the commerce platform UI/UX framework and portals
- Responsible for tasks analysis, architecture design, timelines and quality
- Enhances existing components with new capabilities whilst maintaining compatibility.
- Work closely with other development, product QA teams and groups
- Report risks or any delays in advance
- Participate actively in defining UI technology roadmap
- Ensuring team delivery of commitments for each sprint
- Active in a continuous improvement of the existing process, methodologies, technologies, and practices
- Effectively working with team members across multiple geographies
- Coach mentor and develop team members
- Attract, hire, develop and retain talent
- Work closely with product owners and other engineering leaders
- Software development based on high-level requirements: estimating, developing, code review.
- Manage performance of individuals reporting to you
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 3 years of experience as a UI development team leader.
- Solid track record of technical leadership and building world-class teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and development of portals and UI frameworks
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility and accessibility standards (W3C Guidelines) Ability to work with development teams and provide UI support
- Strong Experience with distributed development
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum Software Development practices.
- Experience with Restful APIs
- Strong analytical skills, strong verbal and written communications skills English & Hebrew, and great attention to detail are required.
- Hands on experience with tools like Jira, Jenkins, Git, Stash, Confluence, Artifactory, etc. is a plus
- Familiarity with Linux or UNIX operating systems is a plus
- Experience with cloud-based services, AWS a plus
Verifone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit: http://global.verifone.com/company/careers/
Role reference number: R-18192