- Ensure timely and accurate hydrocarbon accounting processes
- Deliver Finance Operation and Cost Accounting support to countries assigned to the role.
- Support of timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes in accordance with the Group Reporting Manual and any other relevant standards and provide support for other Group reporting requirements such as Balance Sheet Integrity, Intercompany reconciliations and Group Charges.
- The Senior Financial accountant is a pivotal role within the HVC team providing support and guidance to other team members. This person will have a solid accounting knowledge and experience and will use this to work with other team members.
- Work on complex or difficult accounting areas requiring extensive experience in order to ensure the correct reporting and accounting treatment.
- Work closely with Group reporting team supported to ensure effective delivery, to resolve issues and put in place process improvements.
- Provide effective support to system transformations in all phases of the project
- To carry out the month end close processes in a timely and accurate manner for complex or difficult accounting areas requiring extensive experience in order to ensure the correct reporting and accounting treatment.. Resolution of issues and queries may require reference to Group Reporting Manuals and / or working closely with the Business / Country teams supported.
- Carrying out balance sheet reconciliation work for businesses / countries supported - query resolution will be handled independently based upon previous experience.
- Support intercompany processes / Group recharges processes where relevant working closely with counterparties to ensure the correct treatment and resolve disputes.
- Resolve queries and issues as they arise with reference to relevant resources such as the Group Reporting Manual, working with the Business / Country teams or other support from within the GBS.
- Act as a focal point within the team providing guidance and support to other team members, assisting in the resolution of queries and providing cover for the Team Leader in times of absence.
- Profession experience (at least 3-5 years) in related financial area
- Upper-intermediate English knowledge
- Recognised accounting qualification
- Able to manage multiple/conflicting priorities with a strong track record of delivery against tight deadlines
Essential experience and job requirements
- High level of Accounting knowledge
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- SAP user knowledge preferred
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Finance Function fulfills three key activities: to report financial and operational results, both internally and externally, with independence and integrity; to support business performance management and planning processes by using consistent data collection and reporting processes; and to integrate financial and commercial processes to enable end to end optimization. Finance also supports the development of annual and long term plans, strategies and performance management processes as well as provides economic analysis and Group Investment Assurance and Approval Process (GIAAP) support for business opportunities, investments and other specific projects as needed.
Corporate & Functions