- Deliver Finance Group and Statutory Reportingsupport to the business(es) and countries assigned to the role.
- Support of timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes in accordance with the Group Reporting Manual and any other relevant standards and provide support for other Group reporting requirements such as Balance Sheet Integrity, Intercompany reconciliations and Group Charges.
- The Senior Financial Accountant is a pivotal role within the Group Reporting teams providing support and guidance to other team members. They will have a solid accounting knowledge and experience and will use this to work with other team members.
- They will work on complex or difficult accounting areas requiring extensive experience in order to ensure the correct reporting and accounting treatment.
- They will work closely with Business / Country teams supported to ensure effective delivery, to resolve issues and put in place process improvements.
- They will also provide back up support to the Team Leader during times of team leader absence.
- To carry out the month end close processes in a timely and accurate manner for complex or difficult accounting areas requiring extensive experience in order to ensure the correct reporting and accounting treatment.. Resolution of issues and queries may require reference to Group Reporting Manuals and / or working closely with the Business / Country teams supported.
- The Senior Financial Accountant will work with the team leader and Business / Country teams to understand the priorities and work to deliver against these as required.
- The Senior Financial Accountant will look for opportunities to drive process improvements of a notable nature and work with the relevant people to put these in place.
- Carrying out balance sheet reconciliation work for businesses / countries supported - query resolution will be handled independently based upon previous experience.
- Support intercompany processes / Group recharges processes where relevant working closely with counterparties to ensure the correct treatment and resolve disputes.
- Support the Stats and Tax processes where required working with the Stats and Tax lead accountants to understand the priorities and deliver against these.
- To work with the Business / Country teams supported to ensure mutual understanding of all accounting entries and follow up on queries.
- Resolve queries and issues as they arise with reference to relevant resources such as the Group Reporting Manual, working with the Business / Country teams or other support from within the BSC.
- The Senior Financial Accountant will act as a focal point within the team providing guidance and support to other team members, assisting in the resolution of queries and providing cover for the Team Leader in times of absence.
- To comply with any other job-related requirements. This may be defined by an attached task list or defined by one’s relevant team lead or process lead or by business contact.
- Recognised accounting qualification or Academic degree in Business Administration
- Fluency in English
Essential experience and job requirements
- Financial Accounting experience
- Able to manage multiple/conflicting priorities with a strong track record of delivery against tight deadlines
- Language and interpersonal skills with particular focus on client responsiveness
- Strong level of analytical skills, numeracy and strong financial understanding
- Customer- and service-oriented thinking
- Readiness for action and ability to work under pressure
- Self confident appearance in relations to the internal and external contacts
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future. Global Business Services (GBS) is BP’s shared services organisation. GBS add value by standardising and modernising business activities, whilst maintaining a robust control environment and driving operational excellence. There are five GBS Centres globally, situated in Europe, Africa, Asia, America and ANZ and Central Teams across all locations as well as the UK and Houston. We have been continuing to develop our European Service Centre in Budapest, Hungary since 2009 and now we are extending our presence in Szeged as well. We aim to bring dynamism to the country and opportunities to all our current and future employees. Due to upcoming corporate transitions and our progressively growing competence over multifaceted business processes, our European service centre is persistently broadening its range of prominent career opportunities in both cities. We offer more and more B2B roles for career planners as well as increasingly complex, high-level, senior positions to seasoned experts. We are seeking individuals who share our values and are ready to make our business and culture stronger. Our key aim is to keep building on the successes we’ve seen over recent years, driving through the many and varied projects we’re working on that demonstrate continuous improvement. We strive to inspire our employees by creating an enjoyable, challenging work environment whilst simultaneously providing balance in private and work life, advancement through compensation, fun at work and shared devotion in volunteering and charity activities. All roles in BP Global Business Services offer some form of agile working to enable you to integrate your work and personal commitments. Talk to us about what agile working could look like for you.
Corporate & Functions