- Deliver financial support to the English speaking countries assigned to the role.
- Ensure timely and accurate hydrocarbon accounting processes in accordance with the Group Reporting Manual and any other relevant standards and policies. Provide support for other Group reporting requirements such as Balance Sheet Integrity, Intercompany reconciliations.
- The new colleague will work on businesses and processes which are mostly straightforward where any issues can be solved with reference to SOPs and previous actions. They will work with the support of team leaders and other more senior team members.
- Preparation and analysis of supply management reports
- Material master data maintenance
- To carry out hydrocarbon processes in a timely and accurate manner for businesses and processes which are mostly straightforward where any issues can be solved with reference to SOPs and previous actions.
- Run & verify the month end stock accounting processes, ensuring all movements correctly priced & accounted for and all adjustments made
- Support preparation of documents and adjustments for monthly close
- To work with the Business / Country teams supported to ensure mutual understanding of all accounting entries and follow up on queries with the support of Team Leader.
- To comply with any other job-related requirements. This may be defined by an attached task list or defined by one’s relevant team lead or process lead.
- Relevant degree and 0-2 year experience in related Finance area
- Accounting knowledge
- English intermediate level
- Interpersonal skills with particular focus on client responsiveness
- Good level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness
- Customer- and service-oriented thinking
- Readiness for action and ability to work under pressure
- Self-confident appearance in relations to the internal contacts
- Good communication and cooperation skills
Essential experience and job requirements
- Strong visual basic knowledge
- Logical thinking
- Good English knowledge
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
location is Szeged, Hungary
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Is this a part time position?
BP is establishing a new Business Service Centre (“BSC”) location in Szeged which provides Finance, Customer Service and Operational Procurement services to all Downstream businesses in Europe. The BSC provides the opportunity to combine activities dispersed across different locations, and support the standardization and simplification of processes in one location. The new BSC site is starting operations in 2017, along with the Budapest site which, opened in 2009 and has 1200 employees. We are looking for experienced professionals to contribute to our success.
Corporate & Functions