- Build and lead a specific country and business focused team and provide accounting support to the relevant business and Finance CFO team.
- Accountable for the production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial actuals to comply with local country fiscal regulations and Finance Standards and Practices, ensuring a robust control environment exists
- Manage the interface with related roles performed in the Outsourced Service Provider and external audit
- Accountable for building capability and supporting change within the Group Reporting team in the drive for exceptional customer service, operational excellence & compliance
- Coach and develop members of the team and coordinate team activities
- Support Business clients in understanding their General Ledger and Group reporting
- Ensure timely and accurate Group Accounts submissions and drive for consistent improvement of key Key Performance Indicators (Post Gait Adjustments; Intercompany differences) and higher quality Group Accounts reviews
- Provide support for Statutory accounts audit and filing and Tax computation preparation, filing and related audits and queries
- Ensure the team fully complies with the Balance Sheet Integrity standard and reports on a timely and correct basis to the Internal Control team on ledgers for which the team is responsible
- Work with the BSC Internal Control team to maintain Control Evaluation Templates owned within the team current, perform periodic self assessment activities and facilitate internal and external audit review
- Deal with Outsourced Service Providers where applicable and act as point of escalation for issues between businesses and IBM
- Recognised accounting qualification
Essential experience and job requirements
- Experience of managing teams
- Financial accounting experience
- Fluency in English
- Able to manage multiple/conflicting priorities with a strong track record of delivery against tight deadlines
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Is this a part time position?
BP is establishing a new Business Service Centre (“BSC”) location in Szeged which provides Finance, Customer Service and Operational Procurement services to all Downstream businesses in Europe. The BSC provides the opportunity to combine activities dispersed across different locations, and support the standardization and simplification of processes in one location. The new BSC site is starting operations in 2017, along with the Budapest site, which opened in 2009 and has 1200 employees. We are looking for experienced professionals to contribute to our success.
Corporate & Functions