Broadridge is looking for a strong self-starter with a solid understanding of Non-Resident Alien (NRA) tax regulations and their application to processing tax forms 1042S. As a Product Manager, you will drive continuous operational improvement through process and technical re-engineering to classify income payments for NRA accounts. And you'll contribute ideas, insight and expertise to our products, and participate in strategy and brainstorming sessions that enable other teams to meet their objectives.
- You will write requirements and work with Operations, Development and Testing to ensure NRA Income Reclassification product is using industry standard methodologies to be as accurate and automated for timely delivery as possible
- Responsible for the definition and documentation of requirements relating to NRA withholding, reporting and income reclassification with adherence to documentation rules and formats. Define acceptance criteria including detailed balancing and checkout procedures to be applied during the testing phase to ensure that requirements were accurately and completely adhered to in the development phase.
- You will analyze securities characteristics related to IRS and SEC regulations to determine the proper classification for tax reporting purposes
- Develop strategies for data review and update to stay current with new regulations and underlying sources system developments
- You will ensure the requirements are defined so as to result in fully and accurately functioning systems and products that comply to all IRS reporting rules and client requirements based on user-friendly functionality that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Stay abreast of the latest congressional enactments, treasury regulations and IRS revenue rulings, and work with clients, vendors and industry groups to define service solutions in relation to assigned products and services.
- You'll prepare workflows, business process presentations and client communications, perform gap analysis, build /execute test scripts, prepare training materials, conduct training sessions, write conversion data mapping documents, as needed.
- Provide timely reports of deliverables and challenges to ensure project progress and risk are understood by management of multiple levels.
- You'll partner with internal programmers, client technology staff, and client operational experts to fulfill business requirements and implement workflow modifications and perform quality assurance testing affecting the overall Broadridge solution.
Requirements and Competencies:
- 5+ years' experience in securities processing. NRA Tax reporting and brokerage industry experience is required;
- 2+ years' Product Management/ Business Analyst experience
- 2-3 years' experience in NRA withholding / reporting / income reclassification preferred
- Excellent communication skills -- verbal, written
- Ability to perform under pressure, stay organized and meet deadlines
- Jira proficiency
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent work experience
Deer Park, NY; Newark, NJ
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."