Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
We are actively seeking a UX Director who has a passion for leading design teams and developing world class products with a focus on great user experience and design. We are an Agile organization with a focus on team-based decision making and servant leadership. Successful managers bring out the best in their teams through active participation, constant communication, and user experience expertise. This is an excellent opportunity to join a great team and make a direct impact on its success.
This role works closely with the Developer Products BU Leadership Team comprised of members from engineering and product. Together this team provides direction and strategy for the products across the BU guided by the voices of their teams, our customers, market opportunities and the larger CA strategies.
Key Responsibilities - What you’ll be doing
- Leading a team of 3-4 experienced UX Managers in the design and delivery of our Developer Products
- Collaborating with a team of your peers including leaders from product, engineering, education and enablement in order to plan, execute, and deliver on our goals
- Bringing the voice of the customer and user centered design process to the team of leaders to support the strategy for product and development
- Guiding consistency of Interface and Experience across the four products as necessary, through appropriate research
- Working closely with product leadership to ensure effective feature delivery, roadmap development, realistic estimates, and timely updates on progress
- Mentoring & pairing with all members of the team, and finding ways to challenge them in their work
- Encouraging a healthy working UX team through team meetings, agile practices, and more
- Engaging with other team leaders to ensure teams work collaboratively and to improve the overall effectiveness, efficiencies, and consistency of all R&D teams
What you bring to the table
- Broad expertise in UX practices including research, solution design, and interaction
- Proven ability to successfully grow, lead, and mentor UX teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at finding agreement among groups of strong-willed individuals and ability to influence others outside your direct reports
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- 10 or more years of experience in the software industry including people management experience
More about us
- Servant Leadership: it starts with the ability to listen. Our employees believe in building trust through warmth and competence. Managers especially believe in coaching, commitment, caring, and personal connection to make sure teammates feel empowered and successful in their roles.
- Hackathons: Unleash your creativity with regular opportunities to prototype your ideas with whatever cool new tech you want and present it to the rest of the business. Many hackathons have become full-fledged parts of our products.
- Collaboration: Our teams work closely together in agile style, enabling us to learn from each other rather than getting trapped in silos. Almost all production code is written in pairs, and almost all UX designs have been in collaboration with other designers, product owners/managers, and developers. We believe that having cross functional collaboration makes the best well thought out features for our customers.
- Incremental Value: in an agile environment we look to deliver increments of value to our users so that we can learn, observe, test and adjust so that we provide the best user experiences in our product.
- Influence: Every UX person is empowered and encouraged to make things better - the product, the technology, the processes, and the culture.
- Work/life balance: We take this one seriously, and work hard to make the pace sustainable.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.