We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why our engineers design and implement technologies that allow people to do great things.
Senior PV Manager will be responsible for managing and developing solution test strategies, test plans, and test execution for platform-independent current and next-generation packet software encompassing the broad spectrum of CIENA's networking products. Role will require hands on technical management as well as people management, which include day to day management of resources, tracking and reporting progress of the teams in various cross-functional meetings, co-coordinating activities between North American and India teams.
- Review product requirements, architecture and designs and provide feedback to development teams. Collaborate with product architects and development teams to ensure customer requirements are met
- Manage a team of Testers to develop solution test plans based on customer use-cases and system capabilities
- Manage a team of Testers to execute and automate solution test plans
- Ensure that team works closely with engineers from embedded software, network management software, and hardware to validate cohesive end-to-end solutions
- Encourage team to build in-depth knowledge of product and ability to root-cause issues on their own as much as possible
- Analyze test results, prepare test reports and assess software quality from release readiness perspective
- Drive innovation in the organization by working on forward-looking technology activities, contributions to industry forums (including standards) and patents
- Position requires Manager to have proficient troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Team player and leader to enable wholesome participation and growth within the team
- Be a hands-on technical manager and Lead via example
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple parallel projects with highly variable scopes
- Demonstrated leadership and communications skills, both verbal and written, to effectively communicate/collaborate with remote QA and Development teams
- Strong commitment to product excellence and quality
- BE / B.Tech./M.Tech. (EE/CS) Degree
- Around 15 years of relevant experience in telecommunications and test
- Prior Experience of managing and leading a team of testers is a must
- Experience in data networking including understanding of IP, Ethernet and other data networking protocols; specifically IEEE 802.1 (MAC, VLAN, LACP), MPLS, RSVP, L2VPN, IPv4/IPv6, G.8032, OSPF, ISIS, SNMP
- Experience working in Virtualization/SDN domain would be a significant plus
- Experience with test automation systems would be a plus ( languages such as Tcl, Python)
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.