Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
We call our human resources group the Talent Team, and this reflects how important our people are to the success of the EY organization. Working with the Talent Team, you’ll help develop and execute our people strategy, which provides the programs, measures and tools that help our EY member firms' employees achieve their goals. You might develop and implement strategies for performance management, leadership development, learning, training tools, compensation, recruiting, new joiner orientation, reporting processes or other initiatives.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As Talent Acquisition Recruiter Assistant Director, you'll recruit experienced hires to fill positions in the firm's TAS Practice. You will be responsible for identifying top talent and converting prospects into active candidates. Working with business leaders, human resource (HR) and recruiting leaders, and hiring managers, you'll develop and execute workforce and hiring plans. You'll also assess the profiles of candidates and manage them through the interview process, negotiating offers and closing acceptances.
You'll work independently, with little supervision on a daily basis, and may ask for help from the Service Line Recruiting Leader on complex issues, and consult with members of the Americas People Team (APT) as needed.
As Recruiter Assistant Director, travel may be necessary, depending on the scope of the role. In addition, long working hours are often required, especially during peak hiring seasons (October - January).
- Consult with recruiting leaders and sub-Area leaders to develop recruiting strategies for experienced hires. Fill these positions with the best available talent as directed by practice leaders and the APT
- Act as the main recruiting contact for key client groups and internal and external candidates. Develop sound business relationships with internal clients to achieve stated goals
- Manage other recruiters and sourcing team members, or entire sourcing teams
- Integrate and deliver large-scope projects
- Serve as the main resource for queries for other team members and the service line in general
- Help Business Units, Practices or sub-Areas meet their goals for recruiting experienced hires
- Help resolve complex recruitment challenges
- Working with the sourcing team, develop and implement appropriate sourcing strategies, paying particular attention to inclusiveness initiatives and creative sourcing techniques
- Manage the internal process for a transferring inbound recruits to designated sub-Areas and Business Units
- Support the alumni strategy, by building close working relationships with local alumni relations resources, and participating in onboarding and integration processes
- Help local market teams by providing competitive intelligence to key client groups. Recommend and implement improvements to their recruitment processes as required
- Recommend and manage major recruiting programs and special events to support the business
- Manage orientation programs for new recruits
- Manage and participate in local recruitment training programs
- Utilize Ernst & Young's recruitment tools and processes to execute work flow
- Integrate Ernst & Young's brand strategy into all recruitment activity at all levels
- Take part in task forces or initiatives to support the business as needed
- Gain a solid understanding of Ernst & Young's tools, processes, protocols and Service Lines to source, recruit and hire experienced candidates. Recommend good candidates to the Area and/or Business Unit
- Work with the Practice and the APT team on the ultimate hiring decision. Drive the recruitment process for a practice, Business Unit or sub-Area
- Act as a change agent for new technology, tools and processes that are rolled out to the broader recruiting community
- Directly or indirectly supervise, coach and counsel others, including junior recruiters
- Act as a formal or informal mentor for team members, and key contact for guidance
Knowledge and skills requirements
- Ability to function in a lead sub-Area recruiter role
- Adept at recruiting at Partner, Principal, Executive Director and Director level
- Strong knowledge of recruitment/hiring laws and practices
- Understanding of the recruitment policies, processes and protocols of a professional services firm
- Confident at adapting to and embracing new technology and tools
- Ability to utilize resources effectively, including Investigations, General Counsel's Office, Center for Mobility Services (CMS), VISA and Immigration (V&I), etc.
- Broad understanding of the nature of the Service Lines and Practice(s) to be supported
- Competent at articulating and presenting hiring statistics and data at National/sub-Area Practice meetings, or APT meetings
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Good strategic-thinking skills, with an ability to collaborate with fellow team members on best practices
- Strong customer focus, taking a consultative approach towards clients
- Independence, to troubleshoot and resolve complex recruitment and hiring issues, with little guidance
- Training skills, to teach fellow recruiters and/or client-serving professionals
- Sound leadership skills
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experienced hire recruitment experience; preferably from a professional services environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and prior experience in full life-cycle recruitment of experienced hires
- Bachelor's degree; or equivalent work experience
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.