The Finance Director oversees the business finance processes and requirements across businesses supported.Responsible for leading the finance team across Month-End Close, Financial Planning & Analysis, Internal Controls, Treasury, Tax, Risk Management and business support under the new target operating model for the Hungary commercial operations.Provide the GM and Affiliate Management Team (AMT) with financial leadership, counsel and analysis that will ensure strategies and tactics are implemented in accordance with the company’s strategic objectives.Provides financial guidance and acts in compliance with financial policies and Abbvie Code of Business Conduct.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Financial Reporting & Analysis – Actuals Reporting
- Collaboratively work with Area Financial Services (AFS) and local team to review, prepare and complete timely and accurate month-end closing. Lead the monthly analysis that include appropriate variance analysis and provide clear and concise commentary to expand managements understanding and drive for results.
- Develop, prepare and distribute monthly affiliate financial reports that bring the numbers to life.
- Effectively and clearly communicate results with proper variance analysis and commentary to internal and external customers.
Financial Planning & Analysis – Plan/Update/LRP/LBE Cycles
- Manage, coordinate and consolidate timely, accurate and well supported Plans/Update/LRP/LBE’s for Hungary aligned with the guidance from CEE region and EEMEA Area team.
- Work closely with business managers to accurately forecast sales by utilizing and challenging commercial model and expense assumptions.
- Ensure all financials are reasonable with well supported documentation and clearly written commentary.
Monthly Affiliate Demand/S&OP Process
- Enhance and maintain a monthly demand/S&OP process with the local affiliate team. Ensure accurate and timely submissions of ADS, appropriate KPI’s are tracked and exposure issues are promptly resolved.
Financial Support – Internal Customers:
- Provide direct support and high quality analysis to the General Manager, affiliate business unit managers as well as all matrix organizations as needed under the operating model (AFS, VLOG, Treasury, Tax and Purchasing).
- Proactively identify and communicate issues and opportunities as they arise and collaboratively work to develop appropriate solutions and contingency plans.
- Act as local key contact with the distributors/ hospitals to review and maintain effective inventory management and cash collections.
- Act as key interface and owner of relationships with external auditors and tax advisers. Ensure that a proactive, appropriate relationship is maintained at all times
Internal Controls & Compliance:
- Ensure financial results are recorded in compliance with AbbVie financial policies (CFM’s), Sarbanes Oxley and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Enforce and enhance internal controls by providing guidance and counsel to affiliate and commercial staff in areas of Corporate Finance Manual (CFM) policies, divisional internal control procedures and International policies.
- Manage and develop a high performance team of 8.
- Actively works to develop the finance team with special focus on developing successor.
- General Manager of Hungary with dotted line to CEE Regional FD.
- Effectively manage matrix relationships with Area Financial Services (AFS), IBM outsource provider (BPO), Global centers of Excellence (CoE’s) and VLOG.
- Financial/Accounting tertiary qualification – essential.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in finance/accounting at a senior level with evident success, preferably gained in a Healthcare company or FMCG.
- Prior management experience in leading a team of finance professionals is preferred.
- Candidate should be commercially minded and have prior experience working with commercial organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization and to complete objectives utilizing the commitment and cooperation of others.
- Self-motivated with the energy and ability to take the initiative on relevant issues.
- Ability to work successfully within a matrix organization and negotiate and prioritize requirements with management, both locally and regionally.
- Excellent leadership, organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Systems experience across SAP, CTE/Concur, HFM and TM1 preferred.