As a Data Engineer you will participate in projects that shape the strategy and architecture of our clients. You will provide technical knowledge and creative problem-solving capabilities to your team, working in developing path-breaking large-scale Big Data and Analytics solutions. You have some experience and understand the Big Data ecosystem (at least Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Yarn, Kafka, Flume, Spark, and No-SQL databases). You also have sound knowledge on the needs of Analytics Solutions, and Data Pipelines and Data Governance concerns.
You will be requested to design and develop code, scripts, and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data integration from multiple sources, using Shell scripts, Java, C, Scala, Python, SQL and related languages. You will participate in architecting and installing complex software environments. You participate in customer workshops, supporting your team on how to address our customer’s concerns.
As a Teradata team member, we will appreciate your help in establishing Teradata thought leadership in the big data space by contributing white papers, technical commentary, and participating at industry conferences.
This position offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the growing Big Data and Analytics market. The successful individual possesses knowledge of past and modern data architecture patterns, a strong sense of the art of the possible and, at the same time, can balance it with the requirements of large organizations to build reliable data environments. The right candidate is excited about working hands-on to some of the biggest and most well-known organizations.
Your main responsibilities are to deliver on our commitments and to advise organizations on how to make Big Data and Analytic technologies work for them. You will be invaluable member of our delivery teams working with the most ambitious customers.
Support Sales Activities You may be requested to support the sales team in demonstrating our clients the benefits of modern data architectures, and to position Think Big as the trusted advisor of choice.
Develop customer relationship As a Think Big ambassador in our clients you will develop deep relationships with stakeholders at your level in their organizations. You proactively advise on needs and issues, and deriving actionable solutions.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong verbal and written communication, with good exposure to working in a cross-cultural environment. You may be requested to communicate and present some topics to small audiences. Experienced in writing documents that communicate complex technical topics in an accessible manner.
• Experience with data architectures. Knowledge and experience of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data. Knowledge and experience of Big Data and/or Analytics technologies and tools, as the Hadoop ecosystem, Apache Hive, and Spark, among others. Sound knowledge of data governance and security, and data-related methodologies.
• At least some experience in other data platforms, such as relational database systems, data warehouses or other OLAP systems, and in delivering enterprise-level ETL pipelines, data workflows, migrations and lifecycles, is also requested.
Education And Experience
• Three years or more experience in relevant roles
• Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other relevant degree.
• Consulting experience is considered a plus.
• We offer you a not average place to work we are inspiring and passionate people. We may work hard at times, but always in a dynamic, relaxed and collaborative culture. We offer you the chance of joining a rapidly expanding organization with ambitious growth targets, where you can really make the difference and shape the future.
• Position is based either in Madrid. However, we are often required to spend time on-site with our customers, mainly local but also international ones. You will be required to participate in travel-based work as a Think Big team member. English business-level is mandatory.
What do we do?
• Big Data Strategy Roadmaps that prioritize the possible to create more value, and much sooner than you expect.
• Data Engineering Solution design and delivery aligned to core business objectives.
• Analytics and Data Science Deeper questions and new approaches to solve existing problems and seize new opportunities.
• Managed Services and Training Management and optimization of Big Data systems to improve performance, and training to increase organizational adoption.
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.