- Applies knowledge of statistics, machine learning, NLP and other data science concepts to perform data analysis, recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and business improvement
- Works with analytics and statistical software such as SQL, R, Python, Hadoop and others to perform analysis and interpret data
- Owns output at the program level and impact of work is at the team level
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion
- Coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Develops plans to meet short-term objectives
- Identifies and resolves operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment
- Collaborates with business stakeholders in solving critical business problems through the application of data science techniques
- Designs solutions and works with the development team to implement the solutions
- Collaborates with stakeholders, team members, clients and experts in execution of the work
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a data science WORK ENVIRONMENT
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a data science
- A minimum of 3 years of leadership experience
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, information technology, analytics, data science, statistics or related degree or equivalent experience
- Hands on experience in at least one data science tool – R, Python, H2o etc. and comfortable with working on large datasets
- Hands on experience at least in one BI technology and RDBMS system – SQL, Oracle, DB2 etc.
- Demonstrable experience of working on machine learning projects
- Demonstrable experience of working on large data sets using big data technologies like Hadoop, hive, hbase etc.
- Demonstrable track record of strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be able to work in Minneapolis, MN or Irvine, CA office. Relocation will not be offered
- Healthcare industry experience
- Graduate degree in Data Science
- Business consulting experience
- Experience working in a global delivery operations model
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.