Financial Control & Project Specialist-VIE New-York
International Volunteer program
United States-New York-New York
The Finance Department of Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS), is a global organization with local presence, providing the same set of services through global and efficient processes and consistent norms, leveraging on production hubs. Our Core Missions are: Quality and timeliness of GBIS financial statements; Assisting GBIS management and all Business Lines in their steering with actionable reports on financial performance and forecasts; Independent certification of all financial aggregates in particular the daily P&L explanation on Market Activities; Financial communication and constant benchmarking; Providing expertise on accounting, prudential and tax norms and ensuring the compliance of these norms.
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Finance division of Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS), one of the three pillars of SG that brings together Corporate and Investment Banking activities, Private Banking activities, Asset Management and Investor Services. This division oversees the quality and delivery of financial statements for GBIS, the independent certification of financial data for various activities, and also provides day-to-day explanations on profit and loss for market activities.
Join us to support financial officer management, contribute to the development and the enhancement of the function. Coordinate and lead projects to implement efficient financial models and processes.
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities but not be limited to:
Dept Finance Officers (DFO) support:
- Provide support to the DFO covering GTPS and CORI AMER business lines
- Contribute to all management reports and analysis (Client profitability, Balance Sheet, PnL, NBI, Expenses, Liquidity, Exposure, RWA, Scarce Resources...)
- Support the budget and forecast processes, with heavy involvement on projects to improve the next budget process
- Liaise with other departments to gather necessary data and comments on financial activity
- Coordinate with the front office and business analysis teams in Paris on various PnL issues, and potential reporting issues/formats
Financial Control support:
- Assist with the monthly accounting close, ensuring certain journal entries are prepared correctly and on time
- Help to ensure data quality of G/L accounts under ownership including:
o the correct feeding of back office applications in the accounting chain of data
o the follow-up on discrepancies between the various applications
o the support schedules for balance certification of PNL and Balance Sheet accounts
- Ensure data integrity of all referential data, financial results reported by the area including, data feeds, reorganizations and restatements of current and historical information
Project Specialist support:
- Co-lead transversal project to innovate and implement efficient financial models and processes
- Assist in the maintenance and development of Financial report production
- Improve existing process and quality of financial reports produced through technology enhancements
- Coordinate and lead project meetings with key internal departments heads (BL, OPER, ITEC, DFIN)
- Contribute to enhance the client level reporting
- Maintain good record keeping for all relevant documents and files for the team
- Develop strong partnerships with the Finance and Business community to gain an understanding of underlying business drivers and issues that may affect the activities
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in New York is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
with a Master degree in Management Information System and/or Finance.
experience in Investment Banking or similar industry exposed to Finance, Accounting, or Business would be appreciated.
fluent in English.
proficient in Office application (Excel,Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, VBA and SQL)
Skills and experience needed:
- Strong investigative ability, interpersonal and analytical skills are needed
- Ability to adapt to change, to be flexible and to be able to reshuffle priorities on a moment’s notice
- Ability to work independently with own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Creative in assessing problems and proposing solutions
- MSTR, QLIKVIEW, Essbasse, IBM Analytics
- Familiarity with Project management lifecycle
Your career path
the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank
you for applying in English.
Read Full Description