Reporting directly to the Military & Government (M&G) Functional VP, the Director Contact Centers is responsible for overall leadership and operations of the “Hub” contact center and associated “Spoke” branch locations, relentlessly pursuing the delivery of Carlson Wagonlit Travel’s (CWT) customer experience.
"CWT is a global company that feels like a small employer, where I'm valued and not just a number. I have had so many opportunities and there is still room to grow."
My Journey, My CWT
Jennifer Meyers, Manager Traveler Services USA
By providing strong leadership, sound strategic and tactical execution, and continuously improving employee and customer satisfaction the position will drive balanced success in the areas of service, efficiency, and revenue.
- Day-to-day direct management of up to 10 Team Leaders and 2 Site Leaders
- Provide leadership to 250 - 300 M&G branch locations, contact center and virtual employees
- Partner with workforce management to maintain appropriate staffing levels
- Ensure CWT’s service quality and productivity requirements are being met within the contact centers and branch locations.
- Develop strong partnerships across other contact centers and Centers of Excellence (HR, Finance, Workforce, Sales, Program Management, etc) to drive execution of strategic initiatives
- Create a dynamic and vibrant culture through leadership presence and employee engagement
- Lead and build a high performance culture through supervisory activities including talent selection and development, performance coaching and discipline, assigning and directing work, reward and recognition of employees, etc
- Create a culture of passion around delivering the ultimate customer experience through engagement and empowerment in work with colleagues and staff
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of multiple contact centers and branch locations various areas.
- Knowledge and adherence of contractual requirements for Military and Civilian Government clients.
- Serve as a member of the Traveler Services leadership team to develop strategies for growth and client excellence. Develop innovative ideas, solutions and opportunities to achieve business objectives.
- Promote a sales-driven culture by driving strategies and execution of revenue opportunities
- Effectively and proactively manages to KPI’s and targets (financial budget, service level achievement, staffing levels, etc), analyzing and acting upon any variances from plan
- Work across functions and geographies to monitor trends and patterns in business performance to identify problem areas and take immediate corrective action and/or make suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Analyze key financials for updates on business performance. Communicate with staff at all levels to ensure knowledge of progress, gaps in performance, and link of individual contributions to overall business objectives
- Make recommendations and initiate projects to improve the efficiency, revenue, and/or service of the operation
- Provides consistent communication and inputs to key partners in Program Management, Client Experience, Sales, etc regarding service and technical issues
- Collaborate with peers in other areas and lines of business to share best practices, identify opportunities for improvement, and work together to better serve the customer and engage the workforce control operating expenses.
- Maximizes bottom line by delivering business to our preferred vendors.
- Ensures open verbal and written communication with branch locations and contact centers.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of major problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Initiate and execute on succession plans within area of responsibility
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested, including special projects.
- 10+ years experience managing leaders in a contact center or Branch location
- 4 year degree in operations, business, or a related field (preferred)
- Working knowledge of telecommunications and IT
- Personnel responsibilities equivalent to five to seven years in sales/travel
- Industry management positions
- Experience with P & L accountability
- Strong knowledge and experience in marketing and commercial sales
- Microsoft Office products
- General travel knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as a strong technical and analytical aptitude
- Multiple years of strong leadership skills
- High Degree of Emotional Intelligence
- Strong Critical Thinking abilities
- Proven ability to lead large teams through change and driving employee engagement
- Excellent knowledge of Operations and organizing work.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Position has budget accountability.
- Strong leadership and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to cultivate an environment of Continual Improvement
- Work in an office environment using a computer for a significant amount of time.
- Ability to travel frequently
- Must sit in larger CWTSatoTravel Contact Center location – San Antonio, DC.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Customer_Military & Government
5 to 7 years
Jan 8, 2018
will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other federal, state or local protected class
Read Full Description