Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
"As a leading developer and manufacturer of high-quality automotive equipment, Faurecia is a preferred partner of major automakers worldwide. We design innovative solutions for sustainable mobility and enhanced life on-board. If you have a natural-born drive to create, progress and perform, then we have a career for you!"
Our Clean Mobility Europe Division is looking for a VIE Series Buyer (M/F) for its Plant in Roermond - Netherlands.
The role of the VIE Series Buyer is to manage and monitor all plant issues in line with Group Purchasing policy, to improve Cost and Delivery performance. Key areas for Series Buyer are for production material, tooling & equipment, packaging and transport.
The main missions of the role are:
- Lead and monitor the execution of the cost productivity actions for his plant (MIP). Escalation to series purchasing manager / director and commodity team in case of issues.
- Represent purchasing in MIP (Margin Improvement) workshops and ensure that identified opportunities are followed up.
- Propose and validate with series purchasing manager / director and commodity team the cost productivity actions for the plants under his responsibility.
- Screen parts from the plant and assess market prices (benchmark) with the commodity leader.
- Check the monthly performance for the relevant plants, analyze deviations, define and follow up on corrective actions.
- Support the implementation team for all transfers (make or buy, footprint change, supplier bankruptcy, supplier changes…)
- Cover all purchasing activities for series changes
- Work closely with the supply chain team to continually improve suppliers Misdeliveries Per Million (MPM).
- Support the material planner in supply crisis management and make sure the proper escalation is made.
- Participate in the transfer meeting between Programm Buyer and Series Buyer and validate the handover.
- Make sure that all relevant suppliers and parts information are available and ensure proper ordering, invoicing and cost control.
- Administer the plant quality claim system (QSS) and coordinate the cost recovery with the finance department.
This VIE mission will start as soon as possible and will last 24 months.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Master's degree in industrial engineering with a specialization in international purchasing, or a mechanical engineer with good understanding of economics
- Experience or training in the domain of automotive supply chain.
- Results oriented and able to work in a matrix organisation.
- Bi/Multi-lingual (English required + minimum basis in German + willing to learn Dutch)
- International mindset, overseas experience a bonus
PUR - Serial Life
Jan 9, 2018, 7:15:36 AM
Read Full Description