Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Decision Science Analyst I for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Leveraging data and analytics (requires developing high proficiency in contact center data environment), develop information based strategies to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Size improvement opportunities including comprehensive cost/benefit analyses. Develop knowledge of operational processes to effectively serve the data and analysis needs of contact center leadership as well as proactively identify opportunities for improvement. Formulate hypotheses for improvement ideas or problem resolution, work with DSA teams and leadership to structure tests, communicate effectively with operations partners to run quality tests and interpret results. Based on testing results, present recommendations to leadership for implementation. Where appropriate or required, assist in implementation of changes driven by test results. Build strong working relationships across contact center solutions and operations teams.
Provide decision support for business areas across the enterprise. Staff in this area will be responsible for applying mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change. The essence of work performed by the Decision Science Analyst involves gathering, manipulating and synthesizing data (e.g., attributes, transactions, behaviors, etc.), models and other relevant information to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in implementable strategies.
- Leverages business/analytical knowledge to participate in discussions with cross functional teams to understand and collaborate on business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- The business problems analyzed are typically medium to large scale with impact to current and/or future business strategy.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the appropriate change.
- Translates recommendation into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and mid-to-upper level management.
- Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less technical audiences.
- Identifies and gathers the relevant and quality data sources required to fully answer and address the problem for the recommended strategy through testing or exploratory data analysis (EDA).
- Integrates/transforms disparate data sources and determines the appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
- Thoroughly documents assumptions, methodology, validation and testing to facilitate peer reviews.
- Subsequent analysts should be able to rely on documentation to replicate and continue work.
- Understands and adopts emerging technology that can affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
- Delivers analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding, influences mid to upper level management, garners support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and influences business strategy.
- Recommendations typically have an impact on business results.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative discipline; or 4 additional years of work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required; OR A Master's Degree in quantitative analytics or a related field; OR A PhD in quantitative analytics or a related field
- If Bachelor's degree, 4 or more years of experience in a decision support analytic function; Or If Master's Degree, 2 or more years of experience in a decision support analytic function; Or If PhD, 1 or more years of experience in a decision support analytic function
- Experienced SAS user
- Experience in Hadoop environments
- Advanced degree in statistics or applied mathematics
- Contact center analytics experience
- Demonstrates advanced skills in mathematical and statistical techniques and approaches used to drive fact-based decision-making
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.