Position at KAYAK
KAYAK is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Associate Manager of Commercial Partnerships who will help promote our commercial activities in India, by building and maintaining business relationships with our travel partners.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of consumer behavior, superior analytical skills and the ability to work closely with KAYAK’s engineering, design, and business teams. Candidates must be self-starters and able to thrive in an agile, fast-paced and data-driven environment.
This position will be based in India and report to the Regional Manager, India and Middle East.
- Promote KAYAK’s business model with distribution partners in flight, hotel, package, and rental car
- Promote KAYAK’s business with new and existing travel partners
- Identify and fill gaps in content within the search results and revenue opportunities
- Source and manage advertising campaigns to new and existing partners. Identify and maintain media agency relationship to sustain sales effort
- Promote KAYAK by aggressively reaching out to prospective advertisers
- Effectively manage and promote KAYAK’s business and develop a strategy for long-term sustained success
- Liaise with engineering and product teams to identify, escalate, and resolve technical issues from provider-meta connectivity.
- Measure and analyze product performance using business and user metrics, establish relevant reports.
- Monitor the competitive landscape of travel search sites, identify KAYAK weaknesses, formulate/execute a plan to close the gap.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in e-commerce or consumer tech companies. Travel industry experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills a must
- Experience in customer relationships is a plus
- Experience managing Advertising agency relationships preferred
- Ability to manage complex, multi-faceted relationships
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Ability to effectively liaise with both internal technical teams and senior members of the KAYAK commercial team
- Highly detail-oriented and analytic skills absolutely required
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout looking for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of The Priceline Group.