General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level Hardware Systems Engineer in our Ground Systems group located in Poway, CA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support for all phases of engineering (concept, development, pre-production, production, and sustainment).
- Support operation of engineering systems by evaluating and interpreting needs and problems; develops effective approaches to resolving those issues. Troubleshoot, analyze, and repair GCS systems by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
- Work with other team members to define system design requirements. Work with other groups such as Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Program Management and Manufacturing to facilitate task completion.
- Work with engineering support organizations to produce documentation such as engineering drawings, source control drawings, system specifications, test procedures and review their work prior to release.
- Develop Interface Control Documents, Hardware Requirement Specifications, Performance Specifications, presentations and review test plans/procedures.
- Oversee Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) sustaining engineering tasks and collaborate with manufacturing on GCS system integration and retrofit activities.
- Represent the organization as a prime technical contact and provide leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Develop and maintain engineering schedules/budgets for programs tasks or subtasks.
- Provide support for proposals/white papers, and interface with customers.
- Investigate and resolve problem areas and collaborate with engineering, operations and maintenance personnel to document technical solutions.