Regional Sales Manager - Joint Replacement - Coastal Region
Global Quality and Ops
Percent Travel Required
Up to 50%
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Job Description / Information
The Job's Mission
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the team within the specified geographic region of their specified franchise, including the leadership of employees as well as sales/turnover, so that optimized customer service and acquisition of new customers is guaranteed. This person should show through their career a true passion for people development together with outstanding results in medical device sales.
Key Activities & Accountabilities:
Financial responsibility of the business in respective Region.
- RSM is expected to meet or exceed their annual Sales Revenue Target as defined in the Division budget. RSM is expected to meet or exceed these targets by compliant means.
- RSM is expected to run profitable Business Unit in their respective geographical area. The expectation is that the RSMs and sales teams will meet margin expectations by implementing an appropriate pricing policy to get sales in line with “Sales Revenue Target” as well as meet margin expectation as defined in the annual budget.
- The RSM is expected, for the purpose of Stryker’s manufacturing and sales forecasting, to ensure accurate sales forecasts each month.
Manage the team/business – the RSM should have extensive experience of:
- Establish broad and solid relationships with clients (internal and external) to ensure the solidity of the sales team
- Coach and mentor all direct reports and establish development plans for them to exceed expectations
- Assess talents and work closely with BUD and HR to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of the sales team with respect to people, development, retention, succession planning, and employee engagement.
- Ensure the effective management of employee turnover and engagement of sales teams.
- Have a clear personal vision of what sales team engagement means and how to achieve it
- Show extensive examples of outstanding service to customers, both personally and via a team
Execute on sales and marketing plan in line with BUD and EEMEA marketing strategy
- Develop a strong business plan for the region in the local market
- Ensure effective territory and budget setting to drive growth are in place for the region.
- Develop impactful and coordinated actions aimed at higher account customer engagement.
- Drive customer centric continuous improvement and sales.
- Be commercially aware and monitor the market and gather competitive intelligence on new products, competitive strategies, industry tactics, and opportunities for business growth.
- Meet with key clients to assist Sales Reps with maintaining /fostering relationships and negotiating/closing deals.
- Collaborate with other division to drive sales
- Drive, coach and develop the sales team to win new market share from competitors
- BSc Life sciences, pharmaceutical or business degree desirable
- Solid experience as a people manager for a medical device business with proven career progression.
- In excess of 5 years, direct selling experience required, preferable in the medical device industry; with a good knowledge of opinion leaders and of the main products and competitors;
- A good understanding of P&L, and working knowledge of how to maximise profits, for Stryker
- This manager needs to be out and about, with high visibility and impact, living and breathing all Stryker’s values to customers and employees alike.
- Proven experience in delivering excellence in market share growth and financial commitments.
- Experience in executing on the marketing plan within budget constraints
- Demonstrated success in building, managing, motivating and developing strong sales. This includes acumen in setting sales coverage and leveraging territory coverage and customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to build engagement and leverage performance management systems to reach business objectives; includes goal setting, performance planning and monitoring, coaching, feedback and performance review
- Strong commercial/financial acumen; including demonstrated record of overachieving organizational goals (e.g., sales quota, growth quota, sales, P&L, engagement)
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills; strong cross-functional influencing skills & teamwork.