If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Designer I, Men’s & Women’s CK Calvin Klein Accessories - CALVIN KLEIN
The Designer I – Men’s/Women’s CK Calvin Klein Accessories is responsible for designing the seasonal accessory collections for both Men’s and Women’s under the direction of the Senior Designer. In addition to sketching and building tech packs, the Designer will work on material and color research, hardware and closure development.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Design and develop seasonal large and small leather goods on a contemporary luxury level
- Strong awareness of the leather goods business, competitors and functionality of product in accordance with our core aesthetics
- Participate in conceptual development of line
- Work on tech pack with measurements, technical drawings, clear written communication and precise information for factories to execute on each development stages
- Capable of making quick sample mock ups for construction or technical explanation
- Research concepts, materials and color story at the beginning of each season
- Maintain brand consistency and alignment between Men’s and Women’s product line
- Prepare design presentations for sketch and product review meetings
- Travel to trade shows to observe new trends and materials
- Ensures timely development of line by adhering to time and action calendar
- Communicate and follow up on technical design information to factories and suppliers.
- Strong team player and close partnership with senior designer of the team
- Communicate and work with product development team for follow up
- Work on design overviews sheets
- Flexible and adaptable to changes and upcoming capsule projects
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4-7 years in an accessories design role with a strong emphasis on leather goods and craftsmanship, highly detailed oriented, have worked very closely with factory and tanneries, full understanding of the entire development process, preferably with experience in men’s accessory design, international exposure a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in fashion design with a concentration in accessories design strongly preferred.
- Excellent time management skills, calendar awareness, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Possess high fashion aesthetics and understands the dna of the brand.
- Keen researcher for silhouettes and form, construction, and leather workmanship
- An excellent hand for quick sketching skills to explain ideas and for technical drawings
- Strong knowledge on construction, detailed oriented, sense of proportion and functionality of product
- Must have strong speccing skills
- CAD skills: Illustrator, photoshop, indesign, excel, office
- Flexible to meet deadlines, weekend work, long hours.
- Positive attitude and highly adaptable to changes
- Strong team player, hands on, able to work with cross functional team
- Flexibility to travel
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.