Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Come work with the industry leader in enterprise storage to help transform the way customers manage their data centers. As part of Dell EMC, the successful candidate will become part of a global engineering team delivering CloudIQ, a cloud-native solution that provides proactive health, monitoring and predictive analytics for Dell EMC Storage. CloudIQ is built on Pivotal Cloud Foundry leveraging state of the art technologies and a continuous delivery model. The Data Scientist will be responsible for working with large, complex data sets, creating and applying advanced statistical models to drive AI/ML, derive valuable insights, predict storage behavior and deliver solutions to enable our customer to avoid risk and reduce TCO. Bring your passion and dedication to work with an amazing team to quickly turn ideas into great product.
- Provide thought leadership to deliver transformative AIOps solutions on our SaaS platform
- Work with customers and product experts to blaze a trail in autonomous data center management
- Solve customers' complex IT problems using innovative analytical processes and techniques
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills (troubleshooting software problems)
- Knowledge and experience with unsupervised and semi-supervised machine learning
- Experience with many of the ML algorithms: e.g., Clustering, Regularization, Bayesian inference, Decision Tree, etc
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with DSLs: e.g., R, MATLAB, TensorFlow
- Master's degree or equivalent in statistics, mathematics, computer science, operations research, or a related quantitative field
- Experience with scripting languages: e.g., Python, C/C++, Perl
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL Database and coding
- Experience with big data analytics technology such as Hadoop, Spark and related modules preferable
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing is a plus
- High level understanding of systems modeling and product lifecycle is a plus