EverQuote is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work in our Cambridge, MA office. Our Software Engineers are responsible for ensuring that EverQuote’s traffic teams have the analytics, automation, campaign tools and infrastructure to efficiently drive Internet traffic to our web properties. If you love to code, and have experience working with systems and tools, we’re looking for you!
Qualified candidates will work independently on developing new features for EverQuote’s Python-based reporting and campaign management systems, as well as modifying existing systems as needed. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your technical scope of impact.
This role will afford the right individuals the opportunities to work on challenging and interesting problems involving large and complex data sets, high-volume traffic, and near-real-time feedback. Our production systems are built with Python and MySQL on Linux platforms with a RESTful API layer for access to our data warehouse. Candidates should show strong object-oriented design skills, fluency in common design patterns and working experience performing quantitative data analysis using Python and MySQL.
- Write exemplary, well-tested code
- Build new and extend existing traffic acquisition and analytic systems to improve consumer alignment and performance
- Collaborate with traffic teams and data scientists to develop and automate new and existing traffic acquisition strategies
- Mentor junior engineers and perform code review
- Develop new and maintain existing bidding and campaign management systems
- Design and implement new features for various Python-based services
- Help drive strategic thinking about how to evolve online marketing opportunities available to us<span
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of 2 years professional operations experience with application development
- Experience mentoring junior engineers and conducting code review
- Experience building (and maintaining) the servers that your apps have been deployed on
- Solid background in computer science fundamentals including algorithm design and optimization, threading, data structures
- Understanding of fundamentals of SQL
- Production experience in Linux
- Interest in online business and learning how to make money online
- Entrepreneurial mindset; sense of urgency and accountability
- Great teamwork skills essential
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history
- Our company is profitable & established. A “startup culture” without “startup anxiety.”
- We employ completely data-driven decision-making
- We encourage creative thinking and independent responsibilities
- Lunch catering to the office, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stock options and a relaxed & flexible work environment
- We have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, and more.