Senior Credit Controller-01O32
Responsible for credit approval and collection of outstanding accounts receivable from the existing and new client base in the Agricultural Sector and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer account queries, maintaining a high degree of accuracy of customer accounts, risk management and reducing accounts receivable delinquency.
- Compliance with credit policy and legislation
- Manage all aspects of debtor control, including debtor information, credit control, collections, and general ledger entries and reporting.
- Credit vetting of new, existing accounts and orders.
- Ensure appropriate credit limit setting within DOA
- Motivation of credit limit above DOA
- Ensure accurate collection forecasting
- Sending Acknowledgement of Debt (AOD) to overdue customers
- Recommending accounts for Debt recover and/or Legal process.
- Recommend accounts to be written-off.
- Order release
- Blocking of overdue accounts as per credit policy.
- Preparation of dab debt movement reports
- Preparing and send of monthly customer statements
- Investigate and reconciliation of account queries
- Preparation of bank deposits
- Maintain documents management system (DUVS)
- Follow-up and collection of payments
- Monitoring customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Organize a recovery system and initiate collections efforts
- Attending interdepartmental meetings
- Ensure adherence to deadlines
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Credit Lead
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in business /commerce/economics
- Professional qualification in accounting or finance (CPA/Chartered Accountant/ACCA)/CMA
- 8 years’ experience within finance.
- Good working knowledge of local statutory compliance requirements
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good relationship management and networking skills.
- Demonstrate courage and candor in negotiating and influencing
- Strong results orientation
Organization Asia Africa Finance_51013663