AstraZeneca is one of the world’s most exciting bio-pharmaceutical companies. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that improve patients’ lives and benefit society. We are active in over 100 countries and we employ over 59,000 people. We are an innovation-driven biopharmaceutical with over 60 years of experience.
AZ Global Technology Center Guadalajara
The AstraZeneca GTC in GDL, is a vibrant, high-energy facility, fully equipped to support our business with 400 IT professionals. We continuously improve our IT environment by innovating for competitive advantage. We are fully committed to redefine and provide support to enterprise-wide IT solution platforms, infrastructure and services.
The Senior Release Engineer will be part of DevOps team for across the globe, based out of state of the art IT facility in Guadalajara. Sr. Release Engineer will be responsible for monthly releases, Impact Analysis, Environment readiness and providing multiple resolution to a problem associated with Information Management.
- Team Leadership of release engineering team
- Release portfolio workload management across team
- Build/configuration/administration and troubleshooting of a highly complex core application and multiple ancillary products with new products coming online all the time.
- Ad hoc troubleshooting of release blockers (hardware, configuration, code) and support triaging efforts related to customer impacting production issues.
- Gateway for releases into multiple, geographically-dispersed production datacenters. Responsible for staging and deploying every release (monthly & Emergency) of the Salesforce core application to all global customers.
- Execute code promotions in preparation for releases.
- Participate in weekly calls with release management to plan and prepare all production facing releases.
- While production release operations are your primary responsibility, you may also have opportunities to put on your developer hat for scripting and automation projects to optimize our release processes.
- 4+ year’s Administration and release experience in Information Management technologies with specific experiences with Microstrategy, Redshift, ETL, Cloudera, Snap Logic and Data Management technologies
- Strong knowledge of GIT/Bitbucket preferred, but SVN, CVS, or other similar SCM/VC is acceptable.
- Experience in configuring continuous integration (CI) tools like Bamboo & Jenkins
- Demonstrated ability to support Release Operations: production environments, mission-critical internal tools administration in a Help Desk, and zero downtime framework.
- Strong command of code branching architecture branching, merging, rollback plans, etc.
- Experience supporting an on-demand environment is highly valued.
- Proven track record of implementing build/release systems around new products.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or other related field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.