Do you thrive in times of disruption? Have a passion for turning challenges and opportunities into long-term competitive advantages? As a Business Valuation Consultant in our Modeling and Valuation practice at Deloitte, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills in a variety of project experiences. You’ll be involved in helping our clients understand, analyze, and respond to various business opportunities and challenges presented by transactions and key business and investment decisions.
Work you’ll do
You will have the opportunity to work on project opportunities within the Valuation market offering, which may include:
• Transaction Compliance Valuation – Assist with providing valuation advisory services and opinions related to financial reporting (e.g., purchase price allocation, goodwill impairment), tax structuring, and regulatory valuation.
• Transactions and Modeling Advisory – Help advise clients on strategic decisions through the use of financial modeling, financial analysis, and valuation. Assist with validation, development, and governance of complex securities pricing and risk models.
• Audit Support – Perform audit procedures related to various fair value estimates (e.g. goodwill and intangible asset impairment, business combinations, portfolio valuations of privately-held equity and debt investments, valuations of complex securities and valuation of equity issued as management compensation)
You’ll leverage advanced, technology-enabled solutions to help our clients more confidently make decisions and execute on those decisions to drive performance.
Our Deloitte Advisory Valuation and Modeling team brings knowledgeable and experienced professionals in valuation advisory services, including entity and equity valuation, financial and regulatory modeling, intellectual property services, and complex securities valuation –to help clients make the best decisions for their business. From intellectual property, intangible assets and securities, the Valuation team helps clients quantify, manage, and build value. We serve as advisors on decisions related to mergers and acquisitions, litigation and disputes, bankruptcy and reorganization, financial reporting, taxation and strategic planning, and compliance. Learn more about our Valuation market offering at Deloitte.
• Bachelors and/or Master’s degree required with preferred majors including:
Business: Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering, or a related field of study
• Familiarity with financial markets, financial instrument valuation (including derivatives and structured products), trading, deal structuring or risk management.
• Relevant work experience (e.g. industry internships, summer positions, school jobs)
• Demonstrated leadership and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Experience prioritizing tasks, working on multiple assignments and managing ambiguity
• Experience working independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Travel up to 50% may be required, dependent on role and location
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2 preferred)
How you’ll grow
Through your variety of experiences at Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to develop analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential, no matter what career path you eventually choose. You will be continually challenged by your clients, your team members, and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring, counseling, and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities. For new campus hires, we offer extensive onboarding and new hire training to help you hit the ground running. You’ll travel to Deloitte University for national new hire training that includes technical and soft skills training, as well as invaluable networking opportunities. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.