Auto req ID:
Sr Technical Designer - ApparelJob Function:
General MerchandiseState and City:
Harley-Davidson Motor CompanyFull or Part-Time:
Shift 1Job Summary
Since 1903, our bold and unique purpose has been fulfilling dreams of personal freedom for our customers – and we live our purpose every day. It's more than just a business to us. Our passion for our products and loyalty to our millions of riders and fans worldwide inspire us to deliver premium motorcycles, parts and accessories, apparel, and unmistakable and unmatched experiences.
The General Merchandise team at our Juneau Ave. headquarters is currently looking for a Sr. Technical Designer - Apparel. Merchandise is an integral part of the history with Harley-Davidson going back to the early 1900’s. Harley-Davidson developed the first motorcycle jacket exclusively for women. Merchandise is considered part of the uniform for our riders with options available for them to customize their personal look or their space based on their individuality, unique style or riding preference.
This is what you’ll do:
- Collaborate cross-functionally in General Merchandise by supporting initiatives to increase productivity within the technical design team and assisting in the creation, implementation and improvement of design processes, procedures, workflow, and structure.
- Work collaboratively with industry fit and sizing partners to review and assess current trends and evaluate the HD Fit Architecture, and guide market analysis and bench marking by category.
- Responsible for overseeing key fittings to ensure standardization and timely approval of all samples, and addressing technical issues and errors from garment evaluations and guide recommendations for improvements including pattern adjustments.
- Lead and oversee evaluation of grade rules and sizing to ensure adherence to the HD Fit Architecture, and that the needs of HD customers are completely satisfied.
- Research the motorcycle market in functional gear for relative trends in fit, construction, grading and quality for their assigned categories.
Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or Product Development, related field and equivalent experience is preferred.Experience Required
We are looking for someone with…
5+ years of Technical Design and Pattern making experience or combination thereof.
In addition, the incumbent will demonstrate the following:
- Experience working with Women's apparel required
- Clear understanding of pattern making/grading and how fabric/trims affect the fit of the garment
- Solid knowledge of garment construction in addition to fit and pattern making ability
- Experience working with outside licensees, suppliers, and contractors
- Ability to travel both domestically and abroad as needed
- Fundamental knowledge of Computer Applications & programs including Mac based design applications for MacOS: Illustrator required and Technical Design software applications: PTC FlexPLM, Optitex 2D pattern software preferred
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We believe that employees do their best work when they are free to be themselves. This means our dress code is relaxed, and all types of work styles are welcomed.Direct Reports: