What You'll Do
Develop a cloud-based security validation platform. Our security team is dynamic, talented, fun, and high-energy. At Cisco you’ll work on groundbreaking security solutions and gain experience in the latest technologies. Responsibilities in addition to development may include pentesting, evaluation of systems and applications for vulnerability discovery, and applied security research and mitigation development.
Who You'll Work With
Our security team is dynamic, talented, fun, and high-energy, and the work is done in a very casual environment. Additionally, there is a mentor program to surround you with security experts and resources to get you up to speed.
Who You Are:
Advanced Security Initiatives Group (ASIG) is looking for a mid-to-senior level Ruby developer with a strong security background and mindset to help develop a cloud-based security validation platform
- You have 4-7 years Ruby development experience
- Well versed in gems/plugins, Ruby on Rails, REST API interactions, and data modeling
- Proven background with object-oriented design and implementation
- Strong TDD background using Rspec
- Deep understanding of the OWASP top 10
- Web security testing
- Practical knowledge of cryptography
- Strong understanding of PKI
- Strong foundation using Docker to both create Docker images and deploy Docker containers
- Experience with Devops CI/CD pipelines
- Desirable skills:
- Very comfortable with Git source control (gitlab/github)
- Cloud development and deployment
- Experience working with Terraform, Gitlab CI
- Operating system fundamentals and secure configuration
- Network protocol analysis and debugging
- Penetration testing using a variety of tools
- Cryptographic algorithm design and review
- Virtualization platforms and techniques
- Training and conference opportunities
- Independent and team research of advanced topics
- Collaborative training sessions
- Opportunity for voluntary participation in CTF events
- Home and work life balance
- On-site employees have access to a break room w/ pool table, foosball, ping pong and pinball machines
We will consider remote workers but our preference is for someone based in Knoxville, TN.
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We Are Cisco.