Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
GENERAL DUTIES (not all inclusive):
- Maintains a safe workplace and ensures that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Ascertains mechanical problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifies description of problems; conducts inspections; takes test drives; checks vehicle maintenance records; examines service schedules.
- Generates Maximo work orders and ascertains materials availability. Attaches job plans and assigns labor to work orders.
- Prepares Work Orders (WO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtains approval signatures when required.
- Maintains customer rapport by providing expected time of return for equipment; answers customer questions and concerns; schedules maintenance times with customers.
- Reports fleet in-commission rates, deadline reports, and deferred maintenance reports to the VMF supervisor.
- Maintains equipment records by recording problems and corrective actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, responsible for reading manufacturers' publications.
- Must be able to train operators of light vehicles (pick-up trucks and tracked equipped pickup trucks).
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in vehicle/equipment maintenance.
- Degree or technical school certification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must possess critical problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Must have computer experience, preferably with Windows 7 and Windows Office suite. Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must have experience with an asset management and electronic corrective maintenance program (Maximo preferred).
- Experience with Fuel Master (or equivalent fuel management software) strongly preferred.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate well to both management and front line service workers alike.
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods is required.
- Must be willing and able to lift and move items, parts, assemblies and equipment.
- Must successfully complete physical, dental and psychological (if applicable) examinations as required by the NSF for deployment to Antarctica.
- Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse” (chores), “daisy-picking” (cleaning-up around the station), recycling efforts and safety objectives.
- US citizenship or Permanent US Resident Status is required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster