Full stack engineers at H2O.ai bridge the gap between backend, frontend and operations systems to solve technical challenges quickly and effectively. You will work on improving and extending Driverless AI, our flagship automatic data science platform, using technologies that span Python, Go, Typescript and Java where you will design, test, and ship concise, precise code every day. In this cross functional role, you will collaborate with experts in data science, machine learning, data visualization and product design to build and ship new features in Driverless AI.
What will you be doing:
- Design, build, configure, and test application software. Our architecture consists of a growing number of microservices, data visualization, enterprise services that drive our platform. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your product and services are able to scale while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as experts in data science, product, design, infrastructure, and operations to build new features for Driverless AI related to machine learning model construction, evaluation, deployment and monitoring.
- Work with a wide range of systems and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and operations you will encounter
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great experiences
- Enjoy being a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and improve the product
- Can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different customers, stakeholders and subject matter experts who treat their colleagues exceptionally well.
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Uphold best practices in engineering, design and operations
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Think about systems and services and write high quality code. We work mostly in Python, Go and Typescript with some Java/Scala. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skills than knowledge of a particular language or framework
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Have built distributed systems and services, distributed messaging, and know your way around different storage systems including RDBMS and Redis.
Education and Experience
- 3-10 years of previous experience in Product Development and Software Engineering
- Excellent programming ability
- Write high quality code. We work mostly in Python, Go and Typescript with some Java/Scala. However, languages can be learned.
- Java Server-Side Software Design and Development
- Agile software development methodologies
*We care much more about your general engineering skills than knowledge of a particular language or framework
*It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas.