Job Role Summary
The tire modeling application Development Engineer, as part of ExxonMobil Chemical Company’s Global Polymers Technology organization, works as part of a team to develop and extend existing validated models of air diffusion in tires. The position interacts primarily with Butyl Marketing, Product Technology, Customer Development Engineers and selected collaborative laboratories in order to develop computational models and corresponding solutions in support of ExxonMobil’s business and technology. The position is located at the Shanghai Technology Center in Shanghai and reports to the Injection Molding & Modeling Supervisor.
Job Role Responsibilities
To develop and extend existing validated models on air diffusion in tires to a larger range of tire sizes and designs, specifically medium to heavy truck tires. Also, to develop customized programs to calculate oxygen consumption in tires for high temperature air diffusion models.
• Develop a Finite Element Analysis (FEA) model to calculate the temperature profile (thermal model) for both passenger and truck tires when operating at industry standard designed operating loads and speeds
• Develop tire rolling tire models and correlated with vehicle fuel consumption. Establish relationships to inflation pressures
• Identify and take a leadership role in other high value modeling projects to support business growth as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Master or PhD degree of Mechanical/Automotive/Chemical Engineering is preferred
• Proficient in FEA software including ABAQUS, Hypermesh, or equivalent
• Knowledge of Abaqus Development with Python and FORTRAN is a plus
• Candidates familiar with tire or automotive design are preferred
• CET 6
• Good communication skills, ability to work in cross-functional global teams
Job Segment: Application Developer, Application Engineering, Chemical Research, Developer, Thermal Engineering, Engineering, Technology