Panduit is always looking for talented, motivated people who have the skills needed to provide solutions to our customers. We value team players who in their jobs can help us build a better Panduit and continually deliver value to our global customers.
Responsible for continuously growing company product or services business and profitability by maintaining business at legacy accounts and acquiring new strategic named accounts. Assigned to large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts. Cultivates and develops trusted advisor status by providing on-demand consultative advice and ensuring that product or service value propositions align and resonate with customer needs. Effectively manages key stakeholders in high tech roles or organizations and understands the organizational dynamics and the impacts solutions have throughout the day to day operations of functions within the organization. Demonstrates leadership role on a project/account. Requires a “Hunting” attitude to finding and discovering new business opportunities within large, strategic named accounts.
- Builds relationships and executes to the business process within the partner ecosystem’s higher level leaders.
- Manages account activity to expand wallet share
- Responsible for achieving sales quota and profitability within assigned strategic named accounts.
- Responsible to direct call on end-user accounts for the purposes of building awareness of Company solutions, responsible for developing and driving all aspects of the account management process including developing favorable specifications, closing new accounts, retaining/developing existing customers, and coordinating purchased product as needed through the partner ecosystem.
- Accounts are end-user focused, with a strategic impact on the long-term success of the organization.
- Develops the complete relationship with the strategic account to which they are assigned, utilize the consulting process, identifies customer needs, goals and KPIs.
- Develops specific solutions within the value proposition with the customer, in order to increase the value that this customer has with their infrastructure/system.
(Date Written: 12/15/14)
- 25% - Drives Company business performance by growing strategic named accounts and expanding the market’s understanding of the value of Panduit solutions. Develops compelling value propositions aligned with customer needs, end-user business priorities, and/or technical and operational requirements; orchestrates and aligns the technical or functional contributions of subject matter experts; communicates key competitive advantages; works with others to ensure appropriate pricing; and manages the milestones essential for timely proposal delivery.
- 25% - Proposes the Company’s solutions and services to, and builds and maintains relationships with strategic accounts, or potential longer sales cycle end-user accounts that are important to the organization. Is an enterprise-wide position that has the skill-set to maintain contact with accounts at an executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship.
- 20% - Implements the sales strategy to sell throughout the strategic named accounts to ensure that business and profitability targets are met or exceeded in the marketplace. Works within the Business Unit, Territory team to ensure all accounts are handled via appropriate business resources. Identifies and articulates innovative business practices by working internally to synthesize the overall business plan with market trends and data.
- 15% - Creates strategic plans to set the direction and agenda for business planning. Develops and implements penetration plans for accounts to continue to grow market share. Communicates to rest of team what a “strategic account” build program looks like for the next 3 to 5 years at both country and theater level to ensure proactive understanding of long-term direction.
- 15% - Leads the strategic development of the client relationship function addressing business requirements and goals. Builds business eco system and partner alliances to increase business by enlisting third-party alliances where warranted to close gaps or advance the business.
- 7+ years experience independently working in an outside sales capacity owning a portfolio of global level accounts.
- At least 7 years of proven success understanding and addressing the needs and objectives of large strategic named accounts and successfully leveraged that knowledge to identify, pursue, and win new business opportunities.
- At least 7 years of proven success in building relationships with strategic named accounts that have led to the achievement of new opportunities in the last year
- Proven experience in effectively coaching others and in performing as a buddy, mentor or team leader as required.
- Proven success in gaining spec position for products
- Has effectively coordinated all interactions with a strategic named account required to successfully sell and service a large complex technical-led offering
- Met or exceed business quota consistently for last 7 years
- Ability to manage 5 or more partners concurrently within the same sales territory/region, demonstrated through obtaining new or significant repeat business with at least those five partners
- Has a proven history of selling blanket MRO agreements in exceed of $500k per agreement per annum
- Has a proven history of selling consultative services as well as physical product(s) in which business quota was achieved
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to understand the organizations challenges and the impact across the organization globally
- Strong industry understanding and grasp on trends.
- Ability to understand the business needs, and adjacent industries to align the solution through a variety of resources, and create an ROI.
- Positions solutions and services and expands the product line into the opportunity and expand the wallet share within an organization.
- Able to leverage knowledge to relationships to drive specification.
- Has mapped out key stakeholders within multiple locations. Has engaging discussions at multiple levels and functions of an organization.
- Demonstrated success with executive level management, in-depth account planning and account management.
- Effectively utilizes resources and tools.
- Consistently demonstrates alignment to organizational strategy.
- Has demonstrated a broad understanding of assigned industries customer issues and trends by negotiating and winning deals with customers in the last year
- Ability to negotiate deals
- Demonstrated ability to engage, present and network with "C"or Director level executives to positively influence account management cycle and win projects or gain spec position
- Ability to work within a regional sales team as both of team player and individual contributor
- Understands when to involve relevant sales resources into the sales cycle to achieve maximum impact to the sales opportunity and has proven ability to orchestrate a team to win multiple large opportunities
- Demonstrated to have consistently taken a disciplined approach to accurately manage the pipeline via CRM tool to allow regular report outs on current sales pipeline
- Ability to determine account planning spend
Strategic Account Manager 3 (EMEA)
Day (Russian Federation)